Jeep exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to see what kind exhaust setups you guys have. I need to replace my muffler since it has a hole in it and it sounds like crap. So any suggestions or ideas would be nice. Thanks!

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my exhaust system from the Y pipe deleting the 3rd downstream Cat, Stuck with 2.5" Pipe, Thrush Welded muffler and dumped the exhaust right before the rear diff, Cost me about $100 and a case of beer as a buddy cut and bent the pipes and welded it up for me, Love the sound!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Magnaflow good sound and no droning, still have stock original tailpipe at 212,000 miles

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you guys get the part numbers, it would make it aloy easier on me. I guess I should have said that before :happy175:

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Jones Full Boar 2.5" i/o a couple of days before Xmas . Sounds pretty darn good. My stock muffler pretty much fell off as I was driving up to summit to pick up some axle build parts. Figured I'd buy a muffler while I was there lol. I've ran the Jones before on my Silverado, and the price was reasonable. I had the exhaust shop cut the stock pipe where it goes to 2.5". Running the stock tailpipe, but plan on chopping the factory turndown off and welding a tip on(as soon as I decide which style/size tip I want). Sounds good, not too loud until you get on it, and no drone.

I wanted the MBRP like CzarKj, but couldn't swing it and I needed something quick. I figured axles were a little higher on the list lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab®4 on 38's

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found some videos on the thrush muffler and it does sound pretty good, I thought about getting the MBRP exhaust as well. Im still not sure if I want to buy a muffler and just have a shop build duals going out the back or if I want to just buy a muffler and just throw a down turn on it before the rear differential

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found some videos on the thrush muffler and it does sound pretty good, I thought about getting the MBRP exhaust as well. Im still not sure if I want to buy a muffler and just have a shop build duals going out the back or if I want to just buy a muffler and just throw a down turn on it before the rear differential

Well how is your tail pipe? Only reason I changed mine was due to the hanger broken off (which could have been fixed by someone more equipped than me). If you can only change the muffler you can get away cheap. Unless you want to change it all... It does look cool... Haha

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well how is your tail pipe? Only reason I changed mine was due to the hanger broken off (which could have been fixed by someone more equipped than me). If you can only change the muffler you can get away cheap. Unless you want to change it all... It does look cool... Haha

Thats very true. Its cheaper to get the dual outlet muffler though :shrug::happy175:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats very true. Its cheaper to get the dual outlet muffler though :shrug::happy175:

Beware if you plan on getting a hitch/fuel tank skid make sure you leave room for those! If you don't have them already

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Borla dual cat back for as long as I've owned it (>85k). It's held up well. Getting a bit louder these days. Not unbearable yet. I've had Heart Throb and Dynomax systems over the years and they seem well made. Current Dynomax Ultra Flo system on my 4L OHV Ranger sounds real nice. Heart Throb has a 2.5" cat back single kit for the KJ.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Summit caries the dynomax tailpipe which comes with a stainless tip for around $100. Actually on Summit's eBay Store it's $94 shipped. Same tailpipe that comes in the dynomax kit

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab®4 on 38's

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had found a discontinued Borla catback on ebay for CHEAP:
Exhaust post
Someone might have one laying around.

Latest posts

Members online