jeep cargo basket question - will this fit? >>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrew.jeep

Reaction score
i have a 2005 liberty renegade. i have the oem roof rails with no crossbars. i'm really looking for something like this --

You must be registered for see images

but only ever see them on 2004 models. does anyone know if this will fit on an '05? if inot, can you post some pics of options for 2005 model liberty? i need something for carrying basic stuff like ladders, or wood, etc.

thanks

06LibertySSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no... ](*,) You would have to replace your side rails with ones from an 05 sport (black) or 05 limited (silver/chrome) or any other years in the limited or sport models (02,03,04)... The renegade style on the 05's & 06's are too tall to use that basket on them... Hope this helps... :-k

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at the mopar website for jeep accessories: (http://www.mopar.com/m_acc_cat_part.jsp) it says that there is one available

I pulled this description from there. It looks like it needs a special bolt kit to do it, but this might work for you.

82209125 Racks & Carriers, Roof Basket Roof Basket Carrier, Mounts to production side rails; includes air deflector and logo. Off-Road Lights (82208488AB), Wiring (See App.), Light Mounting Brackets (82209812). Web Net sold separately. Renegade requires 82209480 bolt kit for mounting. $339.00

It looks a little different then the picture you posted, but if you look at the top of the webpage it gives a picture there.

Good luck

Silver Streak

Reaction score
I have one of those Mopar roof basket carriers. They come packaged with bolts to fit either the Renegade or the Sport/Limited roof rails. It is also available to mount on the Jeep Mopar cross bars, but that one mounts higher and drags more air. It is a nice heavy built all metal rack and serves me well. I tie my ladder type tree stands on it with no problems, and have put the spare tire in there to make hooking up the trailer a lot simpler.
I have some photos I just shot and tried to put them on this posting but, i don't understand how to do it myself. If any of you are interested in the photos, i would be glad to email them to you.
I forget now what i paid for this basket, but it is made in Canada and constructed of quality materials by folks that did a very good job. Has a nice airfoil on the front with the Jeep logo. Ironically, it also came with a Dodge logo, since this same rack is supplied by Mopar to fit the Durangos and four door Dakotas.

Silver Streak
`05 CRD Sport