JBA & Tommudd's 3.5" Econo lift Additions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntert98

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am planning on lifting my 08 Liberty using the 3.5" Econo lift kit. For those of you that have done this before, what outside the scope of the parts included should/need be upgraded as well?

I am thinking about things like sway bar links (front & rear), brake lines, track bar, driveshaft, CVs, etc?

Basically, I would like some input on what I would need before I have it jacked up in my driveway and in pieces ;)

Any and all input is appreciated
Thanks guys! and ill be sure to post some pictures when I'm done!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am planning on lifting my 08 Liberty using the 3.5" Econo lift kit. For those of you that have done this before, what outside the scope of the parts included should/need be upgraded as well?

I am thinking about things like sway bar links (front & rear), brake lines, track bar, driveshaft, CVs, etc?

Basically, I would like some input on what I would need before I have it jacked up in my driveway and in pieces ;)

Any and all input is appreciated
Thanks guys! and ill be sure to post some pictures when I'm done!
If you have an 08 there is more to do to get it right
First thing some questions,
How much lift are you wanting
are you regearing
what size tires do you hope to run
what is your budget
and yes have done a " few" Libertys over the years
so ask away or answer my questions first LOL

huntert98

Reaction score
If you have an 08 there is more to do to get it right
First thing some questions,
How much lift are you wanting
are you regearing
what size tires do you hope to run
what is your budget
and yes have done a " few" Libertys over the years
so ask away or answer my questions first LOL
Thanks! I was hoping you'd see this!

I was really looking for about 3-3.5 inches.

I do not plan on regarding...yet. if I regear it would be when I do a rear air locker.

I have the tires already, they are a bit on the smaller side, but it's because i don't want to regear now. Currently, I have a set of General Grabber AT2s on, which are 30" tall. It's usable , but there is rub.

I have purchased the economy lift, so that money side, I would like to keep the rest under another $800 or so for additions.

The car has 158k on it, so the suspension parts are wearing out anyway, so I decided a full suspension lift is more of what I wanted, not a spacer lift or something.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! I was hoping you'd see this!

I was really looking for about 3-3.5 inches.

I do not plan on regarding...yet. if I regear it would be when I do a rear air locker.

I have the tires already, they are a bit on the smaller side, but it's because i don't want to regear now. Currently, I have a set of General Grabber AT2s on, which are 30" tall. It's usable , but there is rub.

I have purchased the economy lift, so that money side, I would like to keep the rest under another $800 or so for additions.

The car has 158k on it, so the suspension parts are wearing out anyway, so I decided a full suspension lift is more of what I wanted, not a spacer lift or something.

If you already bought the Econo lift then we'll have to go with it, was going to give you another option.
The econo lift gives you 4 inches in the rear with the springs they are now using in that kit, and 3.25-3.5 in front so a definite rake.
IF you do not already have them get the extended sway bar links for the rear ( 4" inch Sway Bar links $195.95 ) plus the Rear Track Bar for 4 inch lift @ $342.85
When going over 2.5 inches the rear track bar must be replaced since it will pull the whole body over to one side more.
The extended rear sway bar links are needed to allow the rear to properly flex etc , even on the road
One of the lifts he did not install the extended sway bar links, came to my place and told me what was happening etc, installed them and actually gave him another 1/2 inch in height since it was keeping the rear in a bind

huntert98

Reaction score
Thanks! Would you suggest using a larger clevis spacer for the front to level it out? or is this putting the front over the "safe" threshold?

Alright, So I will buy the sway bar links, have you/anyone had any experiences with the CB engineering trackbar? It sits at $175 powder-coated. If it's shit, then ill get the JBA.

Last, JBA offerers a stainless extended brake line kit. Is this worth the $$$ or do you think there's a more economical option?

Not trying to cut corners, but spending money on branding/superficial properties isn't something I'm about.

Thanks so much! you've been a great help!

And for all of yous who want to follow this, Here is how she looks currently

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you go over that 3.25-3.5 inches with OME springs it going to hit the upper control arms on bumps etc
That is why if you go over that amount the JBA adjustable coilovers which are smaller diameter are better to use

huntert98

Reaction score
Alright, so it's finally all bought.

Here is the total list of everything I've purchased, in case anyone cares

1. JBA (Tommudd's) 3.5" OME Lift --- $1,466.61
  2. TeraFlex bump stops (2) --- $45.98
  3. JBA rear bump stop set

Included in JBA lift kit:
  1. OME 2927 front springs
  2. OME struts
  3. Bilstein shocks
  4. JBA rear springs
  5. JBA upper control arms
  6. JBA spacers & plates

huntert98

Reaction score
Disregard my last post lol - the space bar will submit your post :p

Alright, so it's finally all bought.

Here is the total list of everything I've purchased, in case anyone cares

1. JBA (Tommudd's) 3.5" OME Lift --- $1,466.61
  2. TeraFlex bump stops (2) --- $45.98
  3. JBA rear bump stop set --- $28.62
  4. Moog lower ball joint (2) --- $77.88
  5. JBA KK trackbar --- $342.85
  6. JBA SS rear brake extensions --- $182.95
  7. JBA rear extended sway bar links --- $195.95
Grand total including shipping ($128.86) --- $2486.65​

Included in JBA lift kit:
  1. OME 2927 front springs
  2. OME struts
  3. Bilstein shocks
  4. JBA rear springs
  5. JBA upper control arms
  6. JBA spacers & plates
this will be FUN! Now for some bumpers... ;)

huntert98

Reaction score
Here's a part update:

I have received most of the part now, Just waiting for a few more parts.

All I can say is all of the parts by JBA are looking to be of top-notch quality. I cannot stress enough how well built these parts are! Only a few more to go!

Latest posts

Members online