JBA Stock UCA vs Lifted UCA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi TwoBobKJ Thanks for answering

So the purpose of that thick washer is to keep the boot pressed in the BJ…

Where did you find that spacer?

It is possible to use 2 washers equal to those of the kit of the BJ from JBA to push the boot?

When I change the old BJ and install the new BJ, the old washer can I put one on top of the other?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Is because my BJ has a small hole and the grease is coming out.

I have in mind to buy the new BJ from JBA and the boot.

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
borincano , are you able to clean the boot well and verify that it isn't torn or damaged?

there is a small relief in bottom flat part of the boot to let excess grease out, if that's the hole, it's normal

myself, i used 2 wire grommets as a spacer, theyre rubber rings like what you'd use to keep wires from getting cut going through metal, like a soft rubber washer about , together they're about 2.5cm thick. i had to guess how thick it needed to be, maybe tom or 2 bobs would be kind enough to measure their washer for you

i haven't had any problem with my boots dropping down since i put the rubber grommets under them to help hold them up , i used to would have to clean them out often when they fell

i'm sure if you made note of it when ordering new balljoints that jba would send you two of the washers they suggest

whatever size washer/spacer you use to hold the boot up, needs to be very close to the size of the one tom and 2 bobs have received from jba. you dont want it shorter or boot falls off, if taller can damage the boot, or worse, especially if made of metal and wrong height

Last edited:

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for correcting guys. Glad to have that straightened out in the ol' noggin