JBA 4inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for any one who has the JBA 4 inch lift and any thoughts you might have. I currently have the 2.5 frankenlift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for any one who has the JBA 4 inch lift and any thoughts you might have. I currently have the 2.5 frankenlift.

If you have the Frankenlift unless very old its 3.5 inches or so, yes advertised at 2.5 but all of the ones I have installed were 4 inches and above when installed . What height are you measured from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare on the right front?
To go 4 inches you must go with the JBA coilovers / JBA UCAs etc
Plus then have issues with the CVs at that height, regear of course since you'll want larger tires . Not cheap.
Just so you know. I have about 100,000 miles of experience in running 4 inches and above so lets hear your questions

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm at 21.5. The lift is 8 years old but only about 5k miles on it. I understand that I will need to cut the CVs. From what I can tell the JBA kit comes with coil overs. The main question I have is it worth it compared to what I have now?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Right now I'm at 21.5. The lift is 8 years old but only about 5k miles on it. I understand that I will need to cut the CVs. From what I can tell the JBA kit comes with coil overs. The main question I have is it worth it compared to what I have now?

No comparison between the two,
For example going from crappy stock suspension to OME improves the ride and handling a bunch, going to the JBA coilover lift is ten times over that. Ride and handling is unbelievable, no matter on or off road.
I never ran cut CVs, just used NAPA remanned ones , main issue is the boots rubbing together at those angles and then have to replace boots of CVs especially the right side .
Ran JBA 4 inch on the 04 and when I got ready to buy the 03 I had already bought the 2.5 inch coilover kit with adjustable rear shocks as well before I actually bought it. I knew that is the only way I would be satisfied with it ride and handling wise.
Are you regeared already ?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tommudd's Econo 3.5" Lift Kit
would you suggest this 3.5 over the 2.5 platinum package with the fox shox? regardless of the price?

Again , two different lifts completely
both lift, but like I explained above the JBA coilovers exceed the OME coils as far as ride and handling.
While the OMEs give a great ride and most all of what I install here, just a different type of ride with the adjustable coilovers

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive only put a spoller/Richmond locker in the rear...no gear change...I think it's stock at 3.53..not sure. Would I need to go with 4 .10 for a half inch? I don't plan on changing tire size. If you look at some of my pics...that's what I'm still running

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on keeping my kj....just want to know if JBA lift is worth the cash...it's not a daily driver... only off road a handful of times a year....just want to keep up with my brothers Wrangler....and I push snow in my driveway with her

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have already....would it be worth the money for JBA 4inch?.....that is my question

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive only put a spoller/Richmond locker in the rear...no gear change...I think it's stock at 3.53..not sure. Would I need to go with 4 .10 for a half inch? I don't plan on changing tire size. If you look at some of my pics...that's what I'm still running

What size tires are you running ??
If automatic you have 3.73s

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I have already....would it be worth the money for JBA 4inch?.....that is my question

If you only drive it a few times a year keep what you have
going from 2.5 inches to 4 inches of lift will not make a huge difference , I mean a small amount but , if you off roaded a lot, drove it a lot then sure the JBA would totally be worth it

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, 3.73 is stock for 6 cyl. gas, 4.10 for 4 cyl. gas, and not sure about the CRD.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 4 inch jba lift. I really like it but it's a daily driver 5 days a week and offroad one day a week and I beat the crap out of it.

I keep up with my friends on 35s/37s no problem.

I love the adjustability. I can make it right great on the street and then turn 2 knobs and adjust it for the terrain I'm doing.

If I wanna pretend I'm in Baja prerunning I can firm up the compression. If I wanna ride like a Cadillac I can turn it down.

I just wish I went with the fox shocks as they are valved progressively vs the bilsteans degressive valving.

I do get noise from them if I turn up my rebound over setting #9 while offroad. I believe it's the oil going through the valve and makes a squeekish noise.