JBA 4-link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the JBA 4-link but I'm wondering should I get the bolt on or the weld on kit? Is one preferable to the other or are they about the same?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Bolt on, been running one since, well,.... before they actually were released to the public on the 04, 03 has one as well. Some noise every now and again but nothing that irritates ya any really

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have one cut and ready to go on....sitting in my garage since december haha

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bolt on, been running one since, well,.... before they actually were released to the public on the 04, 03 has one as well. Some noise every now and again but nothing that irritates ya any really

Tom do you put anything on the joints? I’ve had mine for a year now and the noise the last couple months has been ridiculous. All I do is keep the joints clean.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom do you put anything on the joints? I’ve had mine for a year now and the noise the last couple months has been ridiculous. All I do is keep the joints clean.

Loc-tite the nuts and keep them clean, every now and again a click from them but nothing else .
One set has at least 45000 miles on it

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loc-tite the nuts and keep them clean, every now and again a click from them but nothing else .
One set has at least 45000 miles on it

Yep I have loc-tite on them it’s just the joint itself that is very creaky. Wondering if maybe silicone spray would help? The people I wheel with are starting to call me old man (only 22) because of how much it creaks and makes noise. :happy175:

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ran the IRO with a bracket, with a truss it might work better but it was just too long, made for ahorrible pinion angle and thats with 4 inches of lift in the back

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ran the IRO with a bracket, with a truss it might work better but it was just too long, made for ahorrible pinion angle and thats with 4 inches of lift in the back

Sounds about right. The WJ's stock upper arm is longer and the balljoint falls right on the axle centerline.

Latest posts

Members online