Jack Tip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I would pass this on for WIW, it happened to me today, for the first time I had you use my jack and when I went to remove it the retaining bolt was so tight I could not turn it, had to find someplace to borrow a pair of channel locks and after a few hard turns it loosened, you may want to check yours before you have the same problem as I had.

Bob

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a couple months ago i used the stock bottle jack for the first time since i bought the jeep. it was also hard to turn but i was still able to get it out without needing any tools.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. That's good to know so I'll check mine.

Thanks

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree - it's worth a loosen before you're stuck in the middle of nowhere with no jack.

Anyone here use a high lift jack?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I checked mine and it was ok so the gorilla that puts them in at the factory must have had the day off when mine was made.....

EBNr....No I have not used a high-lift jack but you need a spot to put it on - like rock rails or steel bumpers mounted to the frame or something real solid I think that will get the long part away from the Jeep body.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant you get the jack out if that stupid plastic thing is still in there? I thought mine was stuck one time and I had to get it all out while it was still in there? :-s

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Cant you get the jack out if that stupid plastic thing is still in there? I thought mine was stuck one time and I had to get it all out while it was still in there? :-s

you probably could so how.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
especko said:
jeepjeepster said:

you probably could so how.

----------------

A BFH comes in handy sometimes......................