Jack,Scissor,Bottle,HighLift or What?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a photo of the top of the jack looking downwards? Is it notched for the frame?

Yes, mine is notched.
Just used the stock scissors jack yesterday and was wishing I'd have taken up on an offer to borrow a buddies floor jack:pp:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Randy that is a great link > It appears to be well constructed. Why is the base of these high lift jacks so small. Would it not be more sturdy if there was a larger base?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

Attachments

• ScissorJack.jpg
    ScissorJack.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^jacks......that looks like a pretty good one.

I have the POS OEM scissor jack that came with my 05 KJ, an 02 KJ OEM bottle jack, a hydraulic bottle jack, floor jack, and a bottle of Jack.....haha

Dave

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have to keep the hydraulic bottle jacks upright when stowed? I was going to stash one under the seat but I didn't want a leak.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have to keep the hydraulic bottle jacks upright when stowed? I was going to stash one under the seat but I didn't want a leak.

I store mine upright. I don't know if "you have to". I have the Mopar floor liner in the back behind the seats and it has a raised outside rib on it to contain spils. (the HuskyLiner is good too) I guess you could store it back there. If anything spilled back there in mine the liner would contain it and it can be cleaned out really easy.

Dave

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On sale today 1/2 price. for $14.99 I bought a new scissor jack, and it is quite sturdy.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/AutoTools/CreepersJacksStands/PRD~0091057P/Scissors%252BJack%25252C%252B3300%252Blb..jsp?locale=en
38722[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

This scissor and one bottle jack should allow for a tire change in most conditions.

Hehe wonder where that idea came from... am getting a pair tomorrow AM. $15 can't go wrong. (We should start a CT sale alert thread in the Canada forum lol - don't forget to create an account on CT you can get 20 sale alerts on yer smartphone)

I have the same bottle jack and accessories as BanditSteve stock 02. It's actually pretty sturdy for a little bottle but my lug wrench warped first emergency use so the handle spins a little funny hehe.

Not sure why but there are always pieces of 2x4 in all my vehicles. Maybe with the proper jack in the Jeep might replace them with one of these...

http://www.buytools.ca/index.php/liquidation-items/telescopic-baton-21-inch-w-foam-handle.html

Attachments

• ScissorJack.jpg
    ScissorJack.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 0

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
HB-Got this on sale at CT 2 weeks ago...With Sockets and Torque Wrench 3" extension is all you need !! Fits all in the case!
38725[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• Maximum_Torque_Wrench.jpg
    Maximum_Torque_Wrench.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought that carrying a high lift jack would be a good idea. Even if you can't use it to lift without sliders, you can use it as a poor man's winch if you're wheeling alone.

jimymc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to be careful using standard 2X lumber. It can split longitudinally if the ground is uneven or the load is not supported on the full foot of the jack. You may want to do what a lot of people with motorhomes do. Make jack pads out of 3/4 inch plywood. Glue and screw two pieces together face to face. I had some I made for a 22,000 pound motorhome. Used it on sand, gravel and uneven surfaces. They never split. All those ply's going in opposite directions make a jack pad that is as strong or stronger than steel and is lighter and you can make them in any dimension you want.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought that carrying a high lift jack would be a good idea. Even if you can't use it to lift without sliders, you can use it as a poor man's winch if you're wheeling alone.

I've never ever known anybody to use a Hi-Lift for a winch. Even when used properly the damn things can be knucklebusters.

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HB-Got this on sale at CT 2 weeks ago...With Sockets and Torque Wrench 3" extension is all you need !! Fits all in the case!
38831[/ATTACH]"]

I just carry a long breaker bar and an extra socket set from CT - I never use torque wrenches to force nuts just in case it messes up calibration. My torque wrench is the same but smaller Maximum 3/8 and doesn't go as high as I'll need for axle, diff work... will start another Canada thread on my search for one next season I guess ;)

Back to jacks -

CT bottle jacks are on sale again 40% and can confirm all of them except the 20 ton will fit into an ammo box for 50cal - only my tiny 1 ton fits in the narrower 7.62nato boxes. Like you will stick to the extra scissor jack under the rear seat until Princess has the farm hi-lifts on crazy sale again.

Attachments

• Maximum_Torque_Wrench.jpg
    Maximum_Torque_Wrench.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CT bottle jacks are on sale again 40% and can confirm all of them except the 20 ton will fit into an ammo box for 50cal - only my tiny 1 ton fits in the narrower 7.62nato boxes. Like you will stick to the extra scissor jack under the rear seat until Princess has the farm hi-lifts on crazy sale again.
Hey good call, I was looking at bottle jacks 2 weeks ago at PrincessAuto but decided to wait on a sale. Didn't know they were on sale this week at CTC. Thanks!