Issues with my 2008 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Skyslider roof noise at highway speeds. Are any of you experiencing this??
2. Clicking sound when I turn my steering wheel left or right...it's a subtle clicking but very audible. Dealer said they could not "duplicate" the sound.
3. Leak down my rear window.....but the dealer has already ordered a new seal for that one.
4. Flickering headlights, which I notice when I first start my car and the headlights reflect off the garage wall. Dealer could not "duplicate" this.
5. Replaced the passenger seat frame assembly because it was unrepairable and rattling.
Seems like alot of things for a brand new Liberty Limited almost $30,000 car!!!
Not happy with these things. But I love my Jeep. Have never owned a Jeep before, but when I saw the new Liberty's, knew I wanted one! I'm hoping this is just some initial things that can get fixed and I can be on my way:confused:

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4. Flickering headlights, which I notice when I first start my car and the headlights reflect off the garage wall. Dealer could not "duplicate" this.

I notice this on my shop light if the light bulb is screwed in a little loose. Perhaps your headlight connections are loosely connected and need to be reseated. I've also seen this from something shorting out. Like once when i got water in the signal light cover. Happens every winter for me.

Mr_Nick

Reaction score
1. Skyslider roof noise at highway speeds. Are any of you experiencing this??

3. Leak down my rear window.....but the dealer has already ordered a new seal for that one.

Skyslider on mine makes noise over 65mph, but mostly only in the morning. I'm assuming once it's out in the sun for a few minutes the tiny gap (wherever it is) causing the noise gets closed up. After that, it only howls a bit around 75-80mph.

I notice water marks inside the back window to. Cleaned it up and it hasn't happened again. I may have sprayed the high pressure car wash nozzle too close, but I keep checking it after each time it rains.

KKDude08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers couldn't duplicate a fart with a bean burrito, you need to tell them they can have their loaner back when it is diagnosed and fixed.

silverfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:D:D Thats true!!! But slowly I'm getting them to fix these things. Just a little annoyed that there are so many little things wrong.....but I guess I need to expect it with a new year model:rolleyes::rolleyes:

greenjeepster

Reaction score
:D:D Thats true!!! But slowly I'm getting them to fix these things. Just a little annoyed that there are so many little things wrong.....but I guess I need to expect it with a new year model:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Didn't you buy yours used? I thought that you had said in lost that it had been used in the jeep commercials? They do tend to beat the crap out of those demo cars, how many miles did it have when you bought it?:confused:

silverfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't you buy yours used? I thought that you had said in lost that it had been used in the jeep commercials? They do tend to beat the crap out of those demo cars, how many miles did it have when you bought it?:confused:

Yes it was the one used in the Jeep commercial. I did buy it used and it had 727 miles on it when I purchased it. I just think it's had an unusual number of issues with it, but they are slowly getting fixed. Dealer had to order the seal for the back window leak. Had the tires rotated with my oil change last week, and now I don't feel the rubbing sensation I was getting when I turned the wheel. There is a TSB out for a fix on the skyslider wind noise, so I'll get that taken care of. Just a lot of things for a $30,000 car to have. I don't feel that my car had the "crap beat of it". I think it's more a "new model year" type issues with all these things. As to reliability with this car, time will tell. I've always had mostly Honda's and Toyota's which I kept till almost 200,000 on each of them, with hardly ever any problems. I'm hoping this one will be as good to me;)

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#4 is caused by the adjustment screws that aim your headlights. The little gears that the headlight housing sits on are not very well thought out and they strip out and allow the whole housing to move around. Usually it will start on one side and eventually both will do it. Dealer has to replace to fix.

It's not as annoying as when the little fan that's behind the instrument cluster goes bad. You'll go throught two or three of those in the KK lifetime.