Is this J.E Reel CV Axle setting properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepologist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good-Day Gentlemen :),

I just finished installing my J.E Reel CV Axel passenger side...... this is my first attempt and I’m not 100% sure if it’s properly in the inner axle shaft as I you can see from the attached pictures there is a small gap between the cup & inner axle shaft, also the cv axle angle looks a bit abnormal. I can turn the wheel without issues and my 05 Renegade is on 3-1/2 inch lift OME790 HD I've also not done wheel alignment as of yet if this will assist an answer.

Can anyone with J.E Reel CV Axle or a know-how tech confirm via attached pictures if the gap between cup & inner axle shaft also the cv angle on passenger side is normal ?

Many thanks,

Attachments

• CV 1.jpg
    CV 1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 54
  • CV 2.jpg
    CV 2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 48

Jeepologist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture or two of your CV axle cup passenger side budke ?

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeepologist... how worn is the splined mating end of the intermediate shaft? If it is rounded off at all, the CV joint will appear to droop some. If you find that you need a new one check out Ericautoparts in the vendor section or go to Rompalicious and see what they have.

Cheers dude

Ian

Jeepologist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ptsb5a.... the splined mating end of the intermediate shaft still looks good as new and it’s not rounded off at all. The J.E Reel cv axle is also brand-new never been used.

Can anyone confirm if the gap between cup & inner axle shaft also the cv angle on passenger side is sitting normal sad2.gif

Members online