Is there a site to...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look up the specs on a Jeep vehicle w/ the VIN? I have a friend who wants to know the exact specs (i.e. gear ratio, LSD, etc.) for his Wrangler.

I know he could email DC for a build sheet, but hoping there's something faster.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no online VIN decoder that will be as complete and specific as the build sheet from Jeep would be. But if it has to be quick, just do a Google search for "Jeep VIN decoder". There are a few out there, some better than others.

The build sheet usually only takes a day or two...here's the link to e-mail DC just in case he decides to do it.

http://www-5.jeep.com/wccsapp/unive...orms/us/webform.jsp&promotion=null&category=R

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can go to any Jeep/DC dealer and give them the last 8# of the vin and they can print it off their computer. They have a direct hook-up. It takes 30 seconds and you have it. That's the fastest I know of if there's a dealer close by. I have done it that way since I have occasional bouts of impatience.

Dave

Last edited:

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your friend could get under the rig and read the tag on the rearend. He could also jack up the back and spin the tires and rear end to get his answers.
This is not rocket science, if he can't handle this than the info would be a waste of time to him anyway IMO.
Same with lots of other posts, you'd be surprised what you can find out on your own by lifting the hood with a tape measure in your hands. You have to start somewhere, or the service/parts/shop guys will eat you alive and you'll never be able to get yourself back from an offroad excursion.
Jeeps and dirty,oily clothes/people are standard equipment. If all the hide is still on all your knuckles than you own the wrong rig. Clothes with weld burns is also the sign of a Jeeper.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your friend could get under the rig and read the tag on the rearend. He could also jack up the back and spin the tires and rear end to get his answers.
This is not rocket science, if he can't handle this than the info would be a waste of time to him anyway IMO.
Same with lots of other posts, you'd be surprised what you can find out on your own by lifting the hood with a tape measure in your hands. You have to start somewhere, or the service/parts/shop guys will eat you alive and you'll never be able to get yourself back from an offroad excursion.
Jeeps and dirty,oily clothes/people are standard equipment. If all the hide is still on all your knuckles than you own the wrong rig. Clothes with weld burns is also the sign of a Jeeper.

Take 'er easy big guy. The guy just wants to find out some stuff about his rig.

Latest posts

Members online