Is it normal for water to flow by door hinge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Hmmm. Sealer? Maybe your door seal has deteriorated some. Do you feel any air in that area while driving?

water is coming from windshield, by the grille, down next to the hood, and inside there..

not that much air, but my jeep never seems to hold the heat inside.. as soon as it is turned off, BAM cold hits you in the face..

I should take it to the dealer and have them take a look at.. 3/36 passed.. under warranty? i don't think so..

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed anything like that on mine, even after a wash, and we just had freezing rain here a couple days ago....I just got done removing a half inch thick sheet of ice from my entire roof.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have ice everywhere, i don't normally have water over there after wash, this is the first time I saw this, I think the very cold weather shrunk all the seals.. i have no idea.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing I could figure is where the water normally drains through is frozen with ice, and what you're seeing is overflow that's finding an alternate route. Just a thought.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But isn't that water in the photo on the outside of the door seals? After I wash the KJ (with a pressure washer), I always wipe out that area with a rag as it does get water in there. As long as the water doesn't get inside the KJ, it should be fine.

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does that too. I thought it was leaking at first, then I looked closer. Its on the outside of the seal like grogie said.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but when I look at the windshield the side seals look way apart. I don't like that. I check other vehicles they looks like sealed tight. You see the side frame or plastic things, they come out way too far if you pull on them. I guess cheap construction / assembly. It also could be the reason I have rattle on my windshield. Check "Loud windshield rattle" topic. :)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny this came up, I had a bunch of ice build up in there today. Ive not driven it in a week and it scared the crap outta me when I opened the door. I didnt know what was going on, it all cracked and fell out. I thought my door was falling off. 8-[

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ice in door jamb

jeepjeepster said:
Funny this came up, I had a bunch of ice build up in there today. Ive not driven it in a week and it scared the crap outta me when I opened the door. I didnt know what was going on, it all cracked and fell out. I thought my door was falling off. 8-[

HaHa, same thing here, scared me good, ice on the roof melting then refreezing in the door jamb all over the hinges etc. I said to a co-worker that the door will probably freeze shut with my luck!

DannyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Thats funny Same thing with me opened up my door the other day and snap crackle pop same thing ice build up.. Dident think to much about it..