Is it just me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or do you guys think I should clean this dirty arsed engine bay before I change my plugs?
You must be registered for see images

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL.....Looks like you've been having fun. Mine looked like that the last time I was in the mud.....even had the hood liner all splattered....LOL

I hosed mine off with a garden hose. Then sprayed it with simple green. Then sprayed it off again with the garden hose and it came out ok.

Dave

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using an air compressor to get rid of all the loose stuff that could fall in and then later on sometime wash it with the hose and simple green. That or just take a wet paper towel or shop cloth to it lol

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the hose at the self serve wash for mine. Plenty powerful but I just need to be careful not to spray too directly at certain things like the plug chambers and what not. Comes out real fine. :) But my hood liner is permanently stained :p

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a vacuum line or something? It goes from something idk what it is into the box on top of the throttle body. And did it come with worm clamps because I don't see any...

EDIT btw both ends are split to hell

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cover all the sensitive electric connectors then spray. Follow up with simple green, let sit, spray off again. Looks like new.:favorites13:

doolop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the valve cover breather hose. One one each side and they are really over sized for what they do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a vacuum line or something? It goes from something idk what it is into the box on top of the throttle body. And did it come with worm clamps because I don't see any...

EDIT btw both ends are split to hell

Standard vacuum line for crankcase ventilation. Common for them (and others around the engine bay) to split like that. They don't have clamps - go to NAPA or another auto supply store and get a hose of the proper length in the diameter to match. It won't have the preformed bends like the OEM hose does but it will maintain the vacuum you need to avoid Check Engine Lights (CEL's.)

Bob

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the complete PCV assembly (both hoses and valve) are only $12 at the dealership.

I will put up part numbers tomorrow.

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spray everything with castrol superclean. Let sit for 5 min and hose off. You wont find a better cleaner. P.S. dont spray on your fenders it could stain. It is also the BEST wheel and rim cleaner...

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spray everything with castrol superclean. Let sit for 5 min and hose off. You wont find a better cleaner. P.S. dont spray on your fenders it could stain. It is also the BEST wheel and rim cleaner...

I think mud is a better cleaner!