IPOD Interface

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAZDASPEED

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the wife an Ipod for Christmas but I need to find a way to get it to interface with her radio. Whats the best way to hock this thing up. BTW, '07 liberty with single disk changer.

Last edited:

GA05SPORT

Reaction score
If you are talking about the factory iPod interface it's pretty straight forward. the thing has enough cable to put it in the console. Mine is in the glove box since I don't go in there that much. It's is a pain that it only plays 100 songs. I have a gen 2 Nano hooked to mine.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your factory radio doesn't have a plug (looks like a headphone jack) on the front that says "Aux Input", then try this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002...53213138QQptZCarQ5fElectronicsQ5fInstallation

This is one of the more expensive ones that charges the IPOD, too. If you search around on eBay for "Dodge Aux Input" or "Jeep Aux Input", basic units pop up for cheaper. Sometimes under $20. Basically, they plug into the CD Changer port on the back of your factory radio. Pretty easy, you take the radio out (some trim and four screws), plug this device into the open 10-pin plug on the back of your radio and hide the wires. I've been shopping for one to hook up my XM radio, they are great little devices. Good luck!

Last edited:

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BE CAREFUL! I had one for my 2007 (forget which one, I can look) and it WILL NOT WORK on a 2007.

Greimster on here has one for his rig and he said it works well. I purchased one (new) off ebay - no luck. They sent another - no luck. Finally called the manufacturer who said they had issues with them interfacing with 2007 KJ radios, and do not support that year.

You can get an ITRIP (or other brand) FM transmitter - that's what I use. Works OK, sounds quality isn't the greatest.

keep07kj

Reaction score
If your factory radio doesn't have a plug (looks like a headphone jack) on the front that says "Aux Input", then try this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002...53213138QQptZCarQ5fElectronicsQ5fInstallation

This is one of the more expensive ones that charges the IPOD, too. If you search around on eBay for "Dodge Aux Input" or "Jeep Aux Input", basic units pop up for cheaper. Sometimes under $20. Basically, they plug into the CD Changer port on the back of your factory radio. Pretty easy, you take the radio out (some trim and four screws), plug this device into the open 10-pin plug on the back of your radio and hide the wires. I've been shopping for one to hook up my XM radio, they are great little devices. Good luck!

I bought and installed this on my 07 and it works very good. I would reccomend it for it's resonable price and easy installation. all it took was a phillips head screwdriver and a spatula. I was done in 20 minutes. Thanks for the idea!

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to help, mine just arrived yesterday! I bought the $50 model because I don't need the iPod charger, just using it for my XM.