Iowa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there are any members from Iowa on here. I'm looking to join some people offroading, trips, get together etc. Right now it's just me hitting light B roads by myself. Nothing major since I don’t' want to get stuck by myself.

I tried to join a local Jeep club hoping to wheel with them but that was short lived. It would be nice to get together with a group of guys/girls who also have KJ's.

I've only seen one other KJ around with mods. No lift but lights, roofrack, bumper, CB antenna's etc.

I know a couple guys that are in to offroading but their groups they roll with are not something I wish to associate with. They are more of the "getting drunk/high while driving through someone’s corn field late at night" type and despite how I probably look with all my tattoo's i'm not in to breaking the law or causing mischief like that.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm in WI but Iowa is about 45 mins from me and Des Moines is about 4 hours...which if there's wheeling there, that's reasonable enough with enough notice. :D

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mom came up to visit over the weekend and was telling me about a place out that way sort of. Near a place called Osceola, IA. Coyote Canyon. She said they allow legal offroading. I think she is going senile though becasue I can't find anyone that has heard of that place.

So far I haven't come up with any places to wheel legaly though. I know a bunch of places people go that you are not really allowed to wheel but yeah I don't want to do that or nothing.

IowaKJ

Reaction score
I'm here in Iowa. Currently trying to get mods together to get this thing a little more trail worthy!

jbarthol

Reaction score
Sounds interesting, will have to take a look when i'm down there. I'm kind of in the same boat, with the added bonus of a very tight wallet. Most of the time is spent fixing the problems the PO "left" for me to fix right now. But I have also been looking for groups out here as well that would be willing to help a greenhorn get started.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I keep seeing a nicely modded Blue KJ that runs around here in Osceola, any idea who that could be and if they're on this board? The KJ is lifted, has roof rack with cross bars on it, after market rims that are black with what look like 33's on it could be 35's.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I keep seeing a nicely modded Blue KJ that runs around here in Osceola, any idea who that could be and if they're on this board? The KJ is lifted, has roof rack with cross bars on it, after market rims that are black with what look like 33's on it could be 35's.

No idea. My mom lives in Osceola. That is where I am from. I haven't seen that KJ running around the times I've gone out to visit her though.

Latest posts

Members online