International Forum....

Should we keep the foriegn language forum on this board?

• Yes

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Add US regional forums

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We tried the regional thing not too long ago and it never really took off, but let me think about it and see.
Thanks.... it shouldn't be any harder to do than the new forums you created.

You didn't answer if we are allowed to post in the foriegn forums in their own language.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can contribute to those sections, I don't see why you should not be allowed to post.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to point out that we have gained a new member in the Spanish-speaking section, all seems to be well, and the forum is not imploding on itself. While we may decide to get rid of a section if there is never any activity, I don't see a problem with allowing native Spanish speakers to converse with fellow KJ owners on here. TonyCRD felt strongly about this issue and I agree with him. I still think it would be cool for JKJ to become truly international.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The internet is not strictly restricted to the United States / English Speaking People. I'm not saying anyone HERE is implying that, but I just wanted to throw that out there. I understand completely what the section is for.

We had a similar discussion in class recently. Some people in class had an issue with how different countries censor the internet. I said that there's no freedom of speech online, it's not just the United States... it's global. If a country feels the need to restrict what people say online, then oh well, there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Si. :p

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,

I wasn't aware that we the users of this forum are not permitted to reply to posts in the International section!
We should not only be permitted to reply but reply in English. After all this is an American made forum for an American built vehicle... Jeep Liberty.
As far as comment that the folks over seas not being able to understand the English language? I doubt that very much.
I am a Dutch Canadian, the only Canadian in my whole family! I am bi-lingual.
The remainder of my family in The Netherlands are all well into their late 70's and older. And they ALL can speak, read, and write English in addition to their mother tongue, French, and German!
So I find it difficult to believe that some the Europeans using the International section of this forum unable to articulate in English!
I have traveled extensively through out Europe and never had any issues when it came to communicating with the locals in English.
So, if they cant all speak fluent English, reading it on this forum is the fastest way for them to learn. And I'm sure there are Spanish speaking, French, German, and Italian Americans in the U.S.A. who own Jeep Liberty's that may already be members here that can always help translate if necessary.

Cheers
Ry'