International Forum....

Should we keep the foriegn language forum on this board?

• Yes

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Add US regional forums

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loose the International Forum. Adding a foriegn language section to this board does not make it hip or cool.

Everyone should be able to participate in all of the forums on this board. If someone only speaks Spanish, let them go to a Spanish speaking forum or whatever the language they speak.

If you want to add more forums, it's already been asked several times in the past to set up regional forums....

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote to ditch the cheese eating surrender monkeys (French) along with the German and Italian and add more regional forums. Most of the Europeans I know are bi and tri-lingual anyway.

He really ment to say....

Je vote pour manger le fromage fossé remise des singes (français) ainsi que l'allemand et l'italien et ajouter d'autres forums régionaux. La plupart des Européens, je le sais, bi et tri-lingues de toute façon.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He really ment to say....

Je vote pour manger le fromage fossé remise des singes (français) ainsi que l'allemand et l'italien et ajouter d'autres forums régionaux. La plupart des Européens, je le sais, bi et tri-lingues de toute façon.

And now translated back to English courtesy of FreeTranslation.com

I vote to eat cheese ditch put back monkeys (French) as well as the German and the Italian and add other regional forums. Most of the Europeans, I know it, bi and sort lingues in any case

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should atleast set up an AZ run section so we dont make everyone else jealous:D

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do know that you can collapse the section, right?
Yeah... you can put your head in the sand, but it's still there.

Press 1 for English, Press 2 for Spanish OR any other language is BS.... (blarg)

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AZKJ, please stop translating, if anybody is interested they themselfs can run it by 'google'.
Sorry, but I will delete any further posts in English.

And so it's official...

The Spanish forum does not welcome translations of their posts to English and any such attempts to do so will be deleted. Hmmmm.... an American based English speaking board and a foriegn language section does not welcome translations???

Vtolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it a little weird to see Spanish while I do my daily reading. Considering there are only a handful of international people on here and they all appear to speak English I don't see a reason at this point too have different languages in sub forums.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep it. If you don't like it, just ignore it.

You may hate to see those topics when you are looking at "Today's Posts" or "New Posts". If you don't want to see those topics or anything that belongs to those categories, Bennett or whoever created those topics can put another link on the top. That link will be "New Topics without **** posts or stinking french posts, or fiesta spanish posts" :rolleyes: and you will only see your beloved English language.

As for translations, another better idea is for them to translate our posts to spanish and post them.. like write-ups, etc. I misunderstood the portion, so I edited this paragraph.

Here, you may use this link
http://jeepkj.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=237,238,240,241
This link will block those foreign languages from appearing in your new posts list. Bennett, please add this link next to "New Messages" or you can use a drop down under With Foreign Topics, Without Foreign Topics.

Here is another idea, replace those sections with "Italy, France, Spain, Germany" instead of languages. Will that be better? Those categories are not meant for those who speak the language. They are meant for people from places where those languages are spoken.

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mr hyedipin, Sir... exactly what is to be gained by adding forums for non- English speaking people? They will hardly be able to take advantage of the wealth of information on this board if they do not speak English.

Sorry, this is just another example of Press 1 for English or Press 2 for Spanish.

People here have asked for regional U.S. forums way before this idea came up. What's with that?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Traducción Española (Spanish translation):

hyedipin Señor, Señor ... Es exactamente lo que se pueden obtener mediante la adición de foros para no hablar Inglés? Ellos difícilmente podrán beneficiarse de la riqueza de la información en este foro, si no hablan Inglés.

Lo sentimos, pero este es sólo otro ejemplo de Pulse 1 para Inglés o Presione 2 para español.

Las personas aquí han pedido los foros regionales de EE.UU. antes de esta idea surgió. ¿Qué pasa con eso?

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
For your reference, we had regional sections before.
You must be registered for see images
<- just add howling wind noise to it, and that was it.

I don't mind regional forums, and I wouldn't hate them if we had some, but lack of regional forums is no reason to hate multilingual sections. It just doesn't affect the site enough to be hated (yet) ;).

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it a little weird to see Spanish while I do my daily reading. Considering there are only a handful of international people on here and they all appear to speak English I don't see a reason at this point too have different languages in sub forums.

I agree since everyone on here (even people that speak other languages) also speak/write pretty good English. I congratulate people that can do this. I have nothing against being multi-lingual.

Also this board's primary function is the sharing of information/ideas etc. So if a good idea/important info/interesting stuff is in a foreign language not understood by most on here, then the info/knowledge is LOST. This would seem contrary to the purpose of The Board.

Just some thoughts on the subject.

Dave

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:D
For your reference, we had regional sections before.
You must be registered for see images
<- just add howling wind noise to it, and that was it.

I don't mind regional forums, and I wouldn't hate them if we had some, but lack of regional forums is no reason to hate multilingual sections. It just doesn't affect the site enough to be hated (yet) ;).
I wasn't aware this board used to have regional forums, and I'm guessing by your post, they were not used much by anyone at the time since there seems to be no real interest in wheeling and setting up trips by the majority of members here. But, things change and at least here in Arizona, we have an active group that has asked for a regional forum, but the topic has been ignored. On the other hand, management sees fit to open foriegn language forums... I''m missing something with that equation. Oh well.

As for YOUR take on my views of the foriegn language forums... you sir, are changing the context of my posts and of my opinions!!! I do not hate anything related to the forums in question and I do not appriciate you implying I do. The ONLY thing I have said is that I do not believe there is a need for them and being told my translated posts and responses in English would be deleted if I posted there.

You guys do as you wish, it's your board. The only thing here that is of any real interest to me is the Trail Run forum.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some may say that i talk bollocks ,does this mean i can have my own section?
Translation
Somo ma sayo i talko de bollocko, dus thees meen a cun ave me solo sexion?

Dont let language ,geography stop more people enjoying this site the more the merrier (apart from the surrender monkeys of course lol) posts in other languages dont bother me none ,i just dont look at em coz i cant understand them.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
you don't understand cockney? :D

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The board originally started on phpBB2, which is still accessible at jeepkj.com/forums. There were some issues moving them over to VBulletin and I guess Bennett just never restarted them, and yes they were not used much.

2003KJ

Reaction score
The whole point of the international forum is for those who do not speak English at all, and who may not have a way of translating English into their own language with out losing some of the information, to come together in one common place. It is not a place for you to joke around and run things through translators into different languages just to try to be cute. These types of posts will be deleted, period.

This has nothing to do with an American board going foreign, or anything like that. This is an effort to accommodate users from all over the world to which we all share one thing in common, our KJ's!

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The board originally started on phpBB2, which is still accessible at jeepkj.com/forums. There were some issues moving them over to VBulletin and I guess Bennett just never restarted them, and yes they were not used much.
Nope, no regional forums on the old site. Even if there were, they would be of no value since it's on another seldom used board that most people don't even know exists....
The whole point of the international forum is for those who do not speak English at all, and who may not have a way of translating English into their own language with out losing some of the information, to come together in one common place. It is not a place for you to joke around and run things through translators into different languages just to try to be cute. These types of posts will be deleted, period.

This has nothing to do with an American board going foreign, or anything like that. This is an effort to accommodate users from all over the world to which we all share one thing in common, our KJ's!

You got it... all of my posts in the international sections will be in their language. No more translations into English. I hope you don't mind me reposting in French, German and Italian welcoming our new friends to the forums (the post were originally posted only in their languages, but for some reason, they were deleated). Are we not allowed to participate in those forums at all?

I wasn't being cute... I had some time on my hands so I just tried to translate so anyone who was interested could take advantage of whet the foriegn language speakers had to say and offer.

Now if you ask me if I agree with the foriegn speaking forums, I'd say no. But, afterall, it's your board... do as you want.

Oh, and what about U.S. regional forums some of us have asked for?

Last edited: