Interior lights flash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offroad cowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The interior lights flash about every 45 seconds........ does anybody know what would cause this ????

sent by telegraph from my k30

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The interior lights flash about every 45 seconds........ does anybody know what would cause this ????

Do you mean while you are driving along the interior lights suddenly come on by themselves or do you mean that while they are turned on they sometimes flash on/off?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah most likely the Multifunction switch or one of the door switches may not be making firm contact....I would replace the Multifunction switch first!

offroad cowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok

Its consistent every 45 sec like a alarm would have a light that would flash thats what its doing

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
X2 on what Bill said..
I would like to add...on the turn signal stock turn the dimmer all the way down to the off position. Next open the door do the lights still come on? No- is good. Stay in jeep with door closed and see if they now flicker back on in 45 seconds..NO is good .
The other thing to try is opening rear hatch glass, and use the push button on the rear ceiling light, push on-push off and see if that resets it...
I park my jeep now with the turn signal stock dimmer completely off, and stay away from cemeteries, as I think ghost lights flickering are not needed nor appreciated...LOL

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
You may be going ha ha now...
But Wait Until You are on a dark highway.....
Then....suddenly all the interior lights turn on by themself...
48678[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• JeepLibertyGhostLight.jpg
    JeepLibertyGhostLight.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 0

offroad cowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha that happend on my dually my shift light would randomly come on for an hour on long drives turned out to be a faulty chip inside

Members online