Installing a Frankenlift - Have Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Country_rob

Reaction score
Howdy,

I have a 2004 KJ with Gasser.

I'm installing a Frankenlift II Premium with Upper A's by Al's Jeepin'.

So far I have the driver's front installed and torqued. A few questions:

1.) With everything attached and back together and the front suspension in its lowest position that the stabilizer link will allow it to go, the upper A arm contacts the strut spring and the knuckle contacts the new strut lower side bumper. This is of course with rotors and calipers only on the wheel flange...no tire installed. Is this typical? I realize once the tire is on and the suspension is off of the jack stands, these areas will not be in contact, but what happens when I hit a deep run....won't these areas collide and possibly damage each other?

2.) Per the suspension condition above, the back surface of the clevis brakcet is almost in contact with the inner CV joint boot. There is around 1/8" or less gap between the two surfaces. I'm concerned that with the boot in motion, it may stretch and hit the clevis bracket. Is this also typical?

3.) Upon putting the driver's side battery back together, I noticed that the front differential vent tube does not fit on the the strut top bolts anymore as the new Frankenlift top studs are about 1/2" or so too short. How anyone figured out a solution to this?

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

Rob

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hmmm...
Interesting indeed!
I have only installed only one Frankenlift, (So I am by no means a pro at it!)
and that is on our Rig. Along with Gen 4.5 Al's upper "A" Arms.
But I have Not experienced any contact with any other vehicle components
what so ever... Even at full droop (And with 16mm. Clevis lift I will add!)

daddyrat

Reaction score
Your post concerning the vent tube reminded me that I don't remember placing mine on that stud yesterday. I guess I will pull my battery tray out again. For you, I would just zip tie the tube end to the same stud so it doesn't rattle.

I look forward to your pictures! Good luck... :waytogo:

Otter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the same lift on two weeks ago, and thought the same about the cv boot. Once the weight of the vehicle is on the springs and the springs break in, you'll see that the clevis doesn't contact the boot at all. And with the the diff vent tube, i put a small dab of adhesive to the interior where it goes on the stud,back to where it was on top of the shock bolt.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It will all be fine once you drop it on the ground ( and get a correct alignment)
Just tie the vent hose up as high as you can get it and don't worry about it. Doesn't have to go back on the stud.
Install the sway bar links AFTER its on the ground with full weight on it, if not yopu'll have noises, same way with the upper arms , torque them after the weight is on them if not you'll have noises / squeaks as well.
Drivers side is always closer also, not sure what but its the hardest side to do and everything is closer to the body etc.
Don't worry so much and get it on!!!:party52:
With a Franky 30 minutes per side for the fronts
For the rear 30 minutes with drilling holes for the bumpstops and you should be done!

Last edited: