Installed a Auxiliary Input Converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After thinking long and hard about playing my iPod through the factory stereo (in dash single cd) I finally settled on the following

Parts:
1) PIE CHRY02-AUX Auxiliary Input Converter (link to Logjam)
2) RCA to 3.5mm jack (link to Logjam)
3) Panavise dash mount (Pic)
4) Cheap cell phone mount (adjustable bracket)

Install was super simple, remove center dash face plate (single screw back in the little pocket by the 12v plug), unscrew the head unit (4 screws) and plug everything in. The RCA input converty is a bulky unit that plugs into the CD changer port on the head unit, I was able to find a large opening in the dash just the the left of the head unit (when its out) that fit the converter fine - I just mounted it so it wouldnt rattle with industrial velcro. The Panavise mount mounts to the right side of the head unit, using the lower screw. And I routed the 3.5mm plug out the bottom of the console and up to the mount.

I'll get some picts this weekend.

Over all I've very pleased, the iPod is securly mounted, and it sounds great plugged into the head unit (vs FM modualtor). All you need to do to play any input is change the head to the CD change (press mode button twice) and it'll play. I didnt get the fancy ($100 more model) that I could control the iPod through the head, but with it mounted so close anyway it wouldnt have been worth it so all controls as such for play back (skip, play , pause, etc) are still done through the iPod.[/url]

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I did the same to mine back in December and I was very pleased. Congrats on your upgrade. I thought it was easy to do as well. \:D/

robotmonkey

Reaction score
How is the PIE adapter working?

I installed the USA Spec adapter about a week after I got my Liberty, but it recently stopped working. Grr. I like the two sets of inputs, but I'm going to replace it with a PIE if I hear good things about it.

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I have 2007 KJ with REK stereo the Chry02-AUX is working only for few minutes then switches to Radio ,then if you press again mode nothing happens till you restart the car

while its working it shows on display " External CD , D1 " and not counting

I likve in Dubai ,the car is Dubai Specs

Kindly Help