im not saying the jeep reverse lights suck buuuuttt.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are ******* awful, i cant see shit out my back window. almost hit a barn but stopped just in time. i could have sworn someone else had the same problem with poor lighting when backing up. do i need to get better bulbs, new tail light assembly or even get aftermarket lights n mount them somewhere in the back. if i do need aftermarket lights then they need to be small but insanely bright. at least the jeep makes the snow its *****

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren't meant to be headlights.

No, but I do agree that they are terrible. I upgraded to the same bulb but the "bright white" version. I cant remember if they were any better or not. You could mount a small LED light to your trailer hitch if you have one. I considered doing one before, but never got around to it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So I have been driving mine for over 8 years now , backing up all over the place with trailers on even and all along I couldn't see?
Open your eyes and look!

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
yea i know but i need some extra lights to be able to see if its pitch black out

Then you shouldn't be depending on your reverse lights to light your way. Sounds like you need to be in the market for another alternative.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to put back up lights on mine so when sh*tty hondas pull up underneath my rear bumper i can blind them. Damn kids and there tree hugging cars.

jeremy1r

Reaction score
we sell flexible stick led light strips, they are awsome. just have to build somthing to bring down the power and then just tap into backup light wiring. stick'em anywhere.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
simple solution... buy small lights of your choice install and wire them into the reverse light circuit. bada bing bada boom you got back up lights.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
simple solution... buy small lights of your choice install and wire them into the reverse light circuit. bada bing bada boom you got back up lights.

Now I know your from Jersey :happy175:

you are of course absolutely correct ...

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score

its simple if you know what you are doing, im new to this sort of stuff but im learning. keep in mind im 18 just a youngling

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I know your from Jersey :happy175:

you are of course absolutely correct ...

I was just trying to be funny lol. The spray tan fist pumping people only make up a very small percentage of nj. Down here we call them bennies, really any rude tourist is a bennie. I was hoping that seaside was going to get rid of all the clubs after the hurricane so we wouldnt have to deal with those kinda people. But all the clubs are open again.... damn lol

its simple if you know what you are doing, im new to this sort of stuff but im learning. keep in mind im 18 just a youngling

Simple enough that you could learn how to do it. No b/s its really easy to do, remember google is your friend. Something like "how to install back up lights to reverse lights" should turn up some good information. Or you can read up on the basics of wiring and electricity, youll find that all circuits have the same things in them, ie a load, switch, ground, common. And when you get into more complex wiring that its just multiple basic circuits working together or independent of each other. If you have any questions i could help you out. Just send me a pm or something. Good luck with it