Idiot Dealer screwed up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My KJ is on Jacks since Thursday because I'm replacing the UCAs and wanted to replace the bolts too but no dealer in town had them so I ordered them. They told me they would come in today. I just called and they told me the bolts are back ordered so I canceled the order. :mad:

Can I get some s/s nuts and bolts for that or should they be grade 8 bolts?
Thanks guys

07kj

Reaction score
Sounds like they forgot to order them, because I just checked, and there are plenty of the bolts availabe, part # 6507965AA . And I would personally go with grade 8

P.S.
Nuts are part # 6502835 (plenty available also)

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like they forgot to order them, because I just checked, and there are plenty of the bolts availabe, part # 6507965AA . And I would personally go with grade 8

P.S.
Nuts are part # 6502835 (plenty available also)

Just remember, we live in Canuck central ....things take a lot longer to happen here. :eek:

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Home depot doesn't have grade 8, lowe's has them but not metric. I know, because I bought half inch and it's a tinny bit too big.
Most specialty hardware stores are closed Sat and Sun.
These places need to catch up with the real world...needless to say, my Jeep is still on jacks

Boiler

Reaction score
If half inch is too big, I'd guess it is a 12 mm. That doesn't come in grade 8/5/2, it comes in 10.9,9.whatever, etc. Get 10.9.

Stainless bolts are typically considerably weaker. You can get some mil spec stainless that are still very strong, but 10.9 or grade 8 steel will still be much stronger.

too bad 1/2" doesn't fit, you could get ultra coated / armor coated ones, very corrosion resistant, but unforturnately I've never found them in metric.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The UCA bolts are M12's and grade 10.9's,don't use less then a M12 and grade 10.9's.Make sure the nut is a lock nut also.

Also just remember the UCA bolts have a welded piece on them so you do not need a wrench to hold the bolt while tightening the nut,have fun with a regular bolt and nut on the most rearward bolts.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also just remember the UCA bolts have a welded piece on them so you do not need a wrench to hold the bolt while tightening the nut,have fun with a regular bolt and nut on the most rearward bolts.

Mine aren't welded. They are pressed on somehow with tiny tabs to keep it from coming off.

I was able to reuse them on the passenger side. Driver's side I replaced with 12mx90 in 10.9. I put lock washer(grade 8) but I'll get lock nuts and add them on too. Thanks for your input everyone. Now I just need an alignment....more money

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know if you would have gotten a set when you got the UCA you would have not needed them. Murphys law says so. Sorry to hear that *****.
Glad you got it back on the road for now.

Last edited:

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know if you would have gotten a set when you got the UCA you would have not needed them. Murphys law says so. Sorry to hear that *****.
Glad you got it back on the road for now.

ya but who would have guessed that one bolt would have been seized and 2 of them rotten? The passenger side came out with a little tap... glad it's done to. Now my wheel are all crooked lol, alignment this week THEN I'm done.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Stupid question...does nobody wash their engine bay?
When ThunderbirdJunkie did his driver's side arm ~7 months ago it was a cakewalk.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question...does nobody wash their engine bay?
When ThunderbirdJunkie did his driver's side arm ~7 months ago it was a cakewalk.
Wash it all the time. Even wash my wheel wells regularly and diff cover since I painted it last year. Now I have new arms to wash too!!!
Like I said, the passenger.....tap tap...bolts came out and I was able to re-use them.