I removed the rear tire and bracket.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is almost stupid
so I am not confused
The topic is about some one who leased a KJ and removed the spare tire
to avoid tire/rim damage as well as vandalism
first the damage from a wreck who cares worst case your insurance will cover it as a lease requires "full coverage"
now the vandalism the spare is 1 of 5 or 20% of your tires and most of the time vandals will go for a tire on the ground and every car has them and they dont think about the spare as being needed to drive
remember that they are criminals and not to smart

now on to the common sense part of it
he removed it just incase of this or that ,witch I have had the TJ vandalized
slashed tire and they did what ,slashed one on the ground
but I have never been rear ended in 15 years of driving 10+ different cars for close to 500,000 miles or more
I have however been driving down the road and got a flat or came out of the store and got a flat
so to remove your spare on the off chance that some thing might happen to it when chances are way better that you will need your spare is just stupid to me

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
. The wheel would help stop the bullets.

Or you could get some of those fake bullet hole stickers and put them on there......:D

This thread goes way back...

Dave

h-word

Reaction score
That spare tire has saved me a few dents while backing up "less than cautiously" and gently nudging things like trees and strangely placed LP tanks (empty), but it has started to rattle. I don't think its crazy to want to take it off. That Liberty has a sexy behind. Why not show it off?

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you down vote someones rep, can it go negative? or is unknown quantity the lowest of the low?

h-word

Reaction score
read 4 posts up and see why you should leave it

it is your spare ,you will need it if you get a flat
or at least I need a spare when I get a flat

You could always toss it on a roof rack. I just like the way it looks shaved especially with the aftermarket bumper.