I ordered some tires!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Yesterday I ordered 4 BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO's in 245/70/16. They're supposed to be here next tuesday or wedesday! I'm going to pound my pinch welds down today after school, and have 4 rear isolators on the way! I'll post pics for everything asap.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Yesterday I ordered 4 BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO's in 245/70/16. They're supposed to be here next tuesday or wedesday! I'm going to pound my pinch welds down today after school, and have 4 rear isolators on the way! I'll post pics for everything asap.

Excellent! Do you get much snow down there in AR? Hope not...;)

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Excellent! Do you get much snow down there in AR? Hope not...;)

Yep, a little why?

If they are 245/70/16's I cant imagine why the pinch weld would need to be beat over??

Well Blake, I was told that they would rub if I left the pinch weld alone so I spent about 3 hours this afternoon cutting the well pounding the pinch weld then melting the well back together. Then I was so rudely interrupted by my Dad who came into the shop and chewed me out for ordering 245's because my mom went with me to order them and I supposedly took advantage of her not knowing and got bigger tires than what I needed. And because I did that then I had to "go to hacking" on my jeep to make them fit. Which was all apparently unnecessary....

offroadohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 245-75-16's on a stock diesel last week without touching ANYHTING.
co workers wife runs 245-75-16's with out touching the pinch weld on hers.

I'm running 265-75-16's on 2,5" lift and only have the pinch weld bent at the last 2 inches from the bottom

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 245-75-16's on a stock diesel last week without touching ANYHTING.
co workers wife runs 245-75-16's with out touching the pinch weld on hers.

I'm running 265-75-16's on 2,5" lift and only have the pinch weld bent at the last 2 inches from the bottom
Not all 245/75's are the same actual height,they vary greatly between brands and the same goes for 265/75's.The cheaper no-name tires seem to run smaller then the major brands,procraps are always way smaller then there listed sizes.You'd need to order 37" procraps to get a true 34" tall tire,sad.

offroadohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this, I do happen to work at a tire shop. I looked and looked through books to get the tallest 265 I could find. I am at 31.9 inches tall. the smallest I found was 31.7 inches tall. When it comes to a tire sized in a metric size the height is going to be pretty close.

Now if you are talking 33-1250-15 type stuff then the variants can be an inch or greater. But for the most part in a metric measurement they are pretty dang close.

a 265-75-16 KM2 is 31.9 inches tall the same as my "off-brand" Pro craps are actually an even 32 inches tall in this size but we don't deal those at work, and I'm not much of a fan.

in the km2's the diesel and I both had master craft mt's which are 30.52 inches tall. A BFG in the same size is 30.5 inches tall. Again not much of a difference.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this, I do happen to work at a tire shop. I looked and looked through books to get the tallest 265 I could find. I am at 31.9 inches tall. the smallest I found was 31.7 inches tall. When it comes to a tire sized in a metric size the height is going to be pretty close.

Now if you are talking 33-1250-15 type stuff then the variants can be an inch or greater. But for the most part in a metric measurement they are pretty dang close.

a 265-75-16 KM2 is 31.9 inches tall the same as my "off-brand" Pro craps are actually an even 32 inches tall in this size but we don't deal those at work, and I'm not much of a fan.

in the km2's the diesel and I both had master craft mt's which are 30.52 inches tall. A BFG in the same size is 30.5 inches tall. Again not much of a difference.
You got to look at the actual heights on different rim sizes.A 265/75 is a different height on a 7" rim compared to the same 265/75 on a 8" rim.

offroadohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont see anyone talking about anything other than stock rims here? I did all my research on stock rim width becuase thats what I am running, and that is what we are tlaking abut in this thread, I dotn see anywhere where the OP said they put wider/narrower wheels on.

And again there isnt a significant differance between the tire hieght when put on a 7" or 8" wide wheel.

My 35" km2s on 10" wide wheels lost about a 1/8 inch when I took them off the 8" wheels. Putting a 265-75 on an 8inch wheel instead of a 7" wheel will lose less hieght than that.

Last edited:

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new tires, you will have to post pics when you get them on. I would agree that the 5th tire for the spare would be a good investment but, if you are like me, I couldn't afford 5 at once so I waited a month or so to order and install it. Now I do 5 tire rotations and it looks a ton more "complete" plus same size spare in case of a blowout is a very nice thing to have.

Boiler

Reaction score
$1000!

Thought that sounded extreme. I looked on tire rack and they've got 245/70-R16 BFG All terrain T/A KO's for $163 each. (4 tires: $652 + $0-$30 to mount and balance, depending where you go). Place I buy my tires orders mine for me special usually, and typically is about 20-30 dollars more than tire rack per set of 5. And I have lifetime free balancing with any tires I buy from them. Are there different load ratings for this size where maybe this is not the same tire? I sure hope so.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=BFGoodrich&model=All-Terrain+T/A+KO

Whenever I buy my tires local I bring my internet quotes with me. Usually get a little better deal.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
$1000!

Thought that sounded extreme. I looked on tire rack and they've got 245/70-R16 BFG All terrain T/A KO's for $163 each. (4 tires: $652 + $0-$30 to mount and balance, depending where you go). Place I buy my tires orders mine for me special usually, and typically is about 20-30 dollars more than tire rack per set of 5. And I have lifetime free balancing with any tires I buy from them. Are there different load ratings for this size where maybe this is not the same tire? I sure hope so.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=BFGoodrich&model=All-Terrain+T/A+KO

Whenever I buy my tires local I bring my internet quotes with me. Usually get a little better deal.

yeah well they were paid for on a sears credit card

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
My tires came in today! It was dark when I got home from having them installed so couldn't take any pics I will take some tomorrow though! I love them! They ride 100000000% better than my crapyears and make my 3 times wore out stock suspension actually feel decent lol. Very minimum roaring so far can't even tell it until i slow down to turn they kinda wa wa wa but other than that they're amazing! No rubbing what so ever. So far they show GREAT performance on wet pavement!

Last edited: