I keep hearing this chirping sound coming from, I think, the dash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Signe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing this chirping-like sound that sounds like it's coming from inside the dashboard. When I had my tires rotated this morning, the mechanic said to take it to the dealership and that it might be the blower motor needs lubricating.

Do any of you know the sound I'm talking about? I don't always hear it but when I do, it bugs me.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The blower motor seems logical....if noise only exsists when the A/C is on.

Signe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember when was the last time I used the AC (yet I'm still hearing the sound.)

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Us Western Washintgon folk won't need A/C unless we go east of the mountains.However, we use the piss out of our heaters.

Oppisite of me.....we have our AC on all year...never have used the heater in the KJ....

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing this chirping-like sound that sounds like it's coming from inside the dashboard. When I had my tires rotated this morning, the mechanic said to take it to the dealership and that it might be the blower motor needs lubricating.

Do any of you know the sound I'm talking about? I don't always hear it but when I do, it bugs me.

A little birdie told me to tell you to take the sounds of birds cd out of the cd player.:D

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the blower motor run the heater as well? Could be something lose in the dash. Do you notice it more at some times than others? My work truck, which is a Sterling and has a blower motor that runs the heat (that is why I asked if it is the same on tje Jeep), has so many noises and vibrations at idle. Sometimes if I turn the wheel just right, they all go away. Somethin to think about.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the blower motor run the heater as well? Could be something lose in the dash. Do you notice it more at some times than others? My work truck, which is a Sterling and has a blower motor that runs the heat (that is why I asked if it is the same on tje Jeep), has so many noises and vibrations at idle. Sometimes if I turn the wheel just right, they all go away. Somethin to think about.

The Blower motor is running for both A/C and heat. We were just goofing around. Try to see if the blower speed affects the intensity of the sound heard. If so then it's probably the issue. IIRC that is what the blower in my mom's old car did before it died.

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I initially thought it was a goof, but never owning a jeep product I didn't know if there is something different with them. I suck.