I just got a Recall Notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jasonwd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...from Fiat/GM

It says that Jeep need to check the tow hitch and replace it with a factory one.

Has anyone else had this?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the R06 recall to fix the 3rd latest (i think) m35 recall that was done to fix the airbag.
At the moment, a solution does not exist.

TypeRx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I know is that I held out on getting the hitch recall done and Jeep ended up sending me a $100 gift card for actually going to the dealer and getting it inspected. Unless critical, im always going to wait :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

novratil

Reaction score
Yes. Fuel tank failure during a rear end. Easy fix. They install a frame mounted tow hitch which works as a heavy duty bumper. And it's a nice one they install for free.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the R06 recall to fix the 3rd latest (i think) m35 recall that was done to fix the airbag.
At the moment, a solution does not exist.
It's number R60. [EDIT]The article linked above has the recall number wrong. It IS R06.[/EDIT]
Consumer Affairs said:
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling 284,089 model year 2003 Jeep Liberty vehicles manufactured March 29, 2003, to July 3, 2003, and 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles manufactured May 27, 2003, to May 20, 2004.
Read the full article here: Older Jeep Liberty and Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles recalled

There does seem to be a fix, but the parts will not be available until early 2016.

Jim

Last edited:

Jasonwd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!
The recall notice says they will give us $1000 off any new vehicle.

Maybe if they added a zero I might be tempted!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online