Hypertech power programmer installed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still not sold on these
Doesn't provide enough for what they cost
I pull 18 and better with a 5X8 trailer with garden tractor, tools, etc
and no programmer

With 4.10 gears and I'm assuming flat land since you are in Ohio. He specified it was traveling between 75-80 with hills and wind. I'm sure if you experienced all of those your story would be different.

I'd be willing to try one out, but they don't offer one for 2003 models...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
never been to Ohio have you?
Its not all flat only some of the Northern part
PLUS I've pulled the 5X8 enclosed from Ohio to Boston and from Ohio to Orlando so NOT flat land all the way

Plus I tried one in my F150 NASCAR Edition a few years back, wasn't impressed at all with what they advertised compared to actual results in day to day driving. I had it set to run and run hard as well but the tuner didn't do much at all
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never been to Ohio have you?
Its not all flat only some of the Northern part
PLUS I've pulled the 5X8 enclosed from Ohio to Boston and from Ohio to Orlando so NOT flat land all the way

Plus I tried one in my F150 a few years back, wasn't impressed at all with what they advertised compared to actual results in day to day driving

Nope, just what I heard from my in-laws that hunt out there. Sorry if I was wrong there. You guys need to come live where I am. My "highway" route consists of going over a 9% grade mountain both ways...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Been over quite a bit of Pa. Have pulled for WALMART delivering to stores and then also hauling lumber out of Pa down to the furniture makers in NC . Have hit a lot of the back roads and hills

Torx

Reaction score
threadjacked.gif

Hey Torx, every time I see your sig I'm reminded of a trip we made to Victoria and I seriously enjoyed having Nanaimo bars for dessert - and breakfast, and lunch, and dinner, and...

I mean, how do you keep from gaining 50 pounds a year with those as a regular sweet treat?!?!????

Sorry for the hijack gang :sorrysign:

Bob

I offset it with some good micro brew beer and I watch a lot of sports on TV!

KJDevildog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mileage update.

Drove from salt lake city to portland oregon with the regular tune.

Filled up atabout every quarter tank and went through about two tanks of fuel. Drove a steady 75 to 80 mph with the ac on the whole time.

Mileage as follows: 22.9/21.2/19.4/19.4/20.7

This average out to be 20.72 between the two tanks. It actually is 20.725 for the first tank and 20.7 for the second.

The last time i did this loops i was getting between 17-18 freeway under near identical conditions.

Not too bad for 128k miles on the engine.