Hydrogen generator in the KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As VTNomad stated, there are a multitude of other possibilities for climate change. To attribte climate change soley on C02 emissions is silly. Like I said before, the climate has been changing for a long time. As far as the scientists profitting, do some research and see whose funding their research or their political leanings. How is it that I am wrong for being skeptical and you are right for believing what you have been told?

I work with several guys with PhD's in atmospheric science, physics, and meteorology who have spent their lives studying the climate. I believe them because they are unbiased sources not funded by special interests. I'm not saying you are definitely wrong, i'm saying that data right now shows you are most likely wrong. And to ignore the data and assume it's invalid just because you don't like the conclusion is like putting horse blinders on.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PhD's

Doctors are just like any other group of people, a few winners and a whole bunch of losers. A lot of people with PhD's have gone straight through school, and have no real world experience other than a classroom or lab setting. The only reason to get a PhD is if you have an interest in reasearch at a university level. I respect a great deal of my professors, most of them have a lot of real world experience alongside their advanced degrees. However, there are also professors that are some of the dumbest human beings I have encountered. I also know a lot of people, that I consider intelligent, that don't have degrees. Some of the smartest people I know dropped out of high school, because they weren't compatible with the grading system, or didn't have the time or money to go to college.

A P(iled) h(igher) (and) D(deeper) is not a gaurantee for instant respect. All it proves is that a person had the drive, the finances and the booksmarts to make it through graduate school.

Any doctors that insist on being called Dr. Smith instead of Mr. Smith, in a casual setting, deserves a swift kick to the nuts.

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are only believing the data that you have been shown. PERIOD. Of course the available data in the 1400s showed that the world was flat. Sorry to have derailed this thread

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So, spending 30 years studying something makes you less qualified on the matter than you are? I'm trying to understadn your reasoning. You don't like their view so they must be wrong, and people who spend most of their life studying something are just ignorant? If you needed brain surgery would you demand you do it yourself since most braing surgeons are just morons with PhDs?

sydbro said:
You are only believing the data that you have been shown. PERIOD. Of course the available data in the 1400s showed that the world was flat. Sorry to have derailed this thread

I was a skeptic about human-aided (or caused) global warming until I actually read all the data. I understand the comparison you're making with the flat earth theory, but it isn't a very good one. I'm not saying that the current theories on CO2 emissions are 100% infalliable and could not possibly be wrong. Believing anything cannot be wrong is naive. My point is all signs point to problems and we should work towards resolving them. If we end up wrong, and we've cleaned up the air and become energy independent in the process then that's just fine.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doctors are just like any other group of people, a few winners and a whole bunch of losers. A lot of people with PhD's have gone straight through school, and have no real world experience other than a classroom or lab setting. The only reason to get a PhD is if you have an interest in reasearch at a university level. I respect a great deal of my professors, most of them have a lot of real world experience alongside their advanced degrees. However, there are also professors that are some of the dumbest human beings I have encountered. I also know a lot of people, that I consider intelligent, that don't have degrees. Some of the smartest people I know dropped out of high school, because they weren't compatible with the grading system, or didn't have the time or money to go to college.

A P(iled) h(igher) (and) D(deeper) is not a gaurantee for instant respect. All it proves is that a person had the drive, the finances and the booksmarts to make it through graduate school.

Any doctors that insist on being called Dr. Smith instead of Mr. Smith, in a casual setting, deserves a swift kick to the nuts.

I agree 110%..

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was a skeptic about human-aided (or caused) global warming until I actually read all the data. I understand the comparison you're making with the flat earth theory, but it isn't a very good one. I'm not saying that the current theories on CO2 emissions are 100% infalliable and could not possibly be wrong. Believing anything cannot be wrong is naive. My point is all signs point to problems and we should work towards resolving them. If we end up wrong, and we've cleaned up the air and become energy independent in the process then that's just fine.

UGHH.....

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright an update.

as of right now im getting almost 30 miles more out of a 10 gallon run using the same road each way as compared to before. this has stood almost exact in the last few weeks.

the only other thing i know to try, it to go straight through the spacer plate under my carb to get 100% flow of any gas that may be comming out of the hho gen.

right now i have it being drawn in from the top of the breather and i really doubt 100% of the gas is being sucked down the intake just due to regular air flow at 50mph going through the air filter.

i need to get a stronger jar to hold the water before i can run it to the spacer as it has alot of vacum pull. i tried it like this with the plastic jug in the following vid and in 2 seconds the engine vacum collapsed the jug and sucked in a half gallon of water down the intake. thank god it didnt lock it up. i just turned the engine over until it started running and just let it run for 5 minutes. didnt hurt anything.

as soon as i get time to put a stronger jug in, ill try the better route.

check this from a few weeks ago....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwKV9aPtdmE

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright an update.

as of right now im getting almost 30 miles more out of a 10 gallon run using the same road each way as compared to before. this has stood almost exact in the last few weeks.

the only other thing i know to try, it to go straight through the spacer plate under my carb to get 100% flow of any gas that may be comming out of the hho gen.

right now i have it being drawn in from the top of the breather and i really doubt 100% of the gas is being sucked down the intake just due to regular air flow at 50mph going through the air filter.

i need to get a stronger jar to hold the water before i can run it to the spacer as it has alot of vacum pull. i tried it like this with the plastic jug in the following vid and in 2 seconds the engine vacum collapsed the jug and sucked in a half gallon of water down the intake. thank god it didnt lock it up. i just turned the engine over until it started running and just let it run for 5 minutes. didnt hurt anything.

as soon as i get time to put a stronger jug in, ill try the better route.

check this from a few weeks ago....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwKV9aPtdmE
lol3.gifrofl2.gif(lol)

Your better mpg's is all from this little thing called..................SUMMER.

Oh and there is better ways to destroy a engine,hydrolocking it is so 1980's:D.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Gotta agree...the warmer air makes a huge difference. My mileage goes up 10-15% in summer. I think this is mostly due to the decrease in warm-up time. Also in city driving I do much better in summer with my coolant sitting @ 215-220* (taling about my vette here) versus 190-195 in winter.

Last edited:

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol3.gifrofl2.gif(lol)

Oh and there is better ways to destroy a engine,hydrolocking it is so 1980's:D.

as always you are right. the last 4 weeks were summer as you said, the last 4 years driving the same route however mean nothing at all. I dont have a clue what kind of mpg my own truck gets that ive drove for 14 years. yep summer...just in my head.

Last edited:

BMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.cracked.com/article_16484_6-********-gas-saving-schemes-people-are-actually-trying.html

Funny ish there, kind of NSFW for language.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on now everyone...seriously. There is nothing wrong in trying is there? All i know is that as of right now, i need to produce WAY more HHO gas than Im producing right now to make it even worth the trouble IMO. I seem to get very marginal results, but thats about it.

Also, keep in mind i can coast with the engine OFF since i have no power anything in my old 70 F100 to worry about. Just coasting alone seems to do way more than any HHO gas i can produce....but with a Liberty coasting might be a bad thing. A 70 F100 like mine....coasting is perfectly OK to do without any worry....

So my conclusion to this whole HHO thing is...

Unless you can produce MASSIVE AMOUNTS of HHO gas from many batteries joined together in a workable manner,...you are wasting your time for maybe fractions of a gallon gain. The best way to gain MPGs is to just get an old car that can be turned OFF when needed on down hills. No power anything to save trouble.

Sorry but thats just my conclusion.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of vehicle did you install it in. Was it carburated or fuel injected?

carb. 1970 F100.

if driven with a light foot the 302 could get 20 mpgs easy. If however you pressed the gas pedal just a slight bit to hard....15 mpgs or less were expected.

you must drive very light. and i really mean very light. just a bit more pedal can mean the difference in 20 mpg or 12 mpgs.

sorry this doesnt really apply to our very loved liberty.

seems to me that since we as Liberty owners need to keep the engine running....(for other power reasons)

we just need to go light on the gas. Anything else seems to be a waste of time....

sad to say it, but it seems to be true.

Last edited:

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didnt mean to sound lika a jacka$$. I just have my doubts about those things and would hate to see anyone ruin their ride just to save a couple of bucks. I dont blame you for trying though

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my conclusion to this whole HHO thing is...

Unless you can produce MASSIVE AMOUNTS of HHO gas from many batteries joined together in a workable manner,...you are wasting your time for maybe fractions of a gallon gain. The best way to gain MPGs is to just get an old car that can be turned OFF when needed on down hills. No power anything to save trouble.

Sorry but thats just my conclusion.

Flair, actually that was covered earlier in this very thread. Your options for producing *enough* hydrogen will eclipse the efficiency of the idea altogether. Allow me to quote myself:

" The problem is, how are you going to produce enough combustible gas to actually power anything? The amount of energy (not even beginning to talk about loss) to create the hydrogen will not be a small affair. Here's what you've got:

A battery creating hydrogen. Why don't you just add batteries to your car and call it a hybrid? That way you won't lose anything in the process."

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys gotta admit this is comic gold:

Besides set you back a couple hundred bucks for the book and parts if you buy it from them (less if you like eating pickles and mayonnaise), nothing. And that's good because if it did manufacture a highly-combustible gas, you sure as hell wouldn't want to start injecting it into your engine without a whole lot of other modifications. It's the same reason you don't want to fill your tank with gunpowder, on the basis that one explodey substance is as good as another.