Hydrogen generator in the KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flair, actually that was covered earlier in this very thread. Your options for producing *enough* hydrogen will eclipse the efficiency of the idea altogether. Allow me to quote myself:

" The problem is, how are you going to produce enough combustible gas to actually power anything? The amount of energy (not even beginning to talk about loss) to create the hydrogen will not be a small affair. Here's what you've got:

A battery creating hydrogen. Why don't you just add batteries to your car and call it a hybrid? That way you won't lose anything in the process."

It violates the fundamental laws of physics. There is no way this will ever work on any scale. You break the hydrogen oxygen bond, only to ignite it and recombine it? This is a 0 net gain reaction, and since nothing is 100% efficient there will be some loss. Essentially you'll convert (energy cannot be CREATED, only converted) electrical energy from the alternator to a minimal amount of heat energy. And HEAT serves no purpose in an internal combustion engine.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
i need to get a stronger jar to hold the water before i can run it to the spacer as it has alot of vacum pull. i tried it like this with the plastic jug in the following vid and in 2 seconds the engine vacum collapsed the jug and sucked in a half gallon of water down the intake. thank god it didnt lock it up. i just turned the engine over until it started running and just let it run for 5 minutes. didnt hurt anything.
/quote]

flair.......Why don't you get a "beater" for $500 and experiment with that. I would hate to see you have a mishap and trash your motor.

Just thinking out loud here.

Dave

SamB52

Reaction score
HHO Yoda

This has been a really good discussion of hho, guys!
Let me add 2 to 3 cents...

Check out Roy McAlister's videos on youtube, especially the ones on h2 assisted ICEs. He is a fuel cell engineer who speaks authoritatively on assisting hydrocarbon combustion in a way that captures dramatically more than the 22% efficiency common to modern gas engines, or the 40% efficiency common to diesel engines. His h2 data extrapolates nicely to hho.
So those who quote the laws of thermodynamics, or even Faraday's laws on electrolysis are accurate about the mythical creation of energy, but inaccurate as far as the 78% room for improvement of gasoline combustion for motive power...In other words, hang in there, flair1111!

One of our biggest obstacles in Jeep and all other mopar engines is that pesky PCM. If you read data from folks with old carburetted engines, or from even GM vortecs or ford v8s, they can get nice gains in mpg. In the case of EFIs an EFIE to modify the precat O2 sensors on FORD and GM will adequately fool the ECM to allow hho gains in mpg. But not the Mopar PCM. That pesky PCM is resistant to most forms of manipulation. I'm in touch with a half dozen pretty smart guys who are trying to decode the pcm, and as far as I know only one manufacturer has even come up with a device that can remap the mopar pcm for racing http://sctflash.com/DCXC2.php

Finally, a big challenge for these PCM engines is that hho accelerates combustion up to 10X, from a normal gasoline flame speed of 4K ft/sec up to near 40K ft/sec. Timing on a pure h2 engine with outside air as O2 source maybe TDC or even a little after. People are still investigating hho/gasoline ideal timing. One thing is for sure - when the mopar pcm sees that rapid combustion it will not interpret it in a way that will facilitate improved performance.

Hopefully soon one of our counterparts will get a dyno and a pcm tuner and start to work out an advantageous map for all sensor input, including pre and post cat O2 sensors, MAP, timing and whatever else that pesky PCM is keying on.

Don't give up boys! Think about that 78% remaining efficiency that needs to be mined out of the good ole gas engines...:D
PS youtube zerofossilfuel for 115 videos of everything you need to know to build an hho generator, "swiss hho" in the search box will bring up ammaninox to show how the Swiss make stuff out of 316L stainless, and Roy McAlister in the search box for some encouraging science about improving gasoline ICEs

Happy hunting!