hvac problem. searched and cant find

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mittimmytimmy

Reaction score
i have searched. i am new here but have been around other forums for years.
i have an 03 liberty. the heat is always blistering hot . seems like the heat control knob is not working. i turn it all the way cold and put the ac on and just gets a little less hot. i am just wondering what to check and if other people have had this problem.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The temperature is controlled electrically. the air blend door is adjusted with an electric actuator. Sounds like the actuator/door is dead because if there is no power to it it lays down which directs all the air through the heater core. Why it is dead I don't know. Bad control knob, loose wiring harness/connector? I would start checking for loose connections, maybe or a bad actuator or control knob.

Some of this info I got from an 06 FSM.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second that.. Pull the center bezel and check connections on the back of the heat control, then go under the dash and see if the blend door motor moves when you adjust the heat control and also check the connections on it. Its on the passenger side of the airbox i think, darn can't remember, yeah i think its the passenger side because the drivers side has the two vacuum operator actuators for the airflow control, dash, floor, defrost, etc..

I will have to pull up my 03' FSM later but i'm pretty sure if you remove the glove box you can see it.

mittimmytimmy

Reaction score
thanks. i am going to tear into it soon. whenever this snow stops falling around here. just wanted to know a little bit about what i was getting into.

Latest posts

Members online