How to mount led light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bearpuoo

Reaction score
looking for detail instruction on "LED light bar"

Hi,
My project this time is LED light bar above the windshield. I've been researching it, studying it, and digging for more information. And I found this Jeep community. I feel better now because I see some members with same care with LED light bar!!
I get it that I need 42' curved LED bar with GMC bracket.
Here comes my 1st question; 1. How do you install GMC bracket without drilling holes to secure? (I read all replies previously and someone said no drilling holes required)
2. How AND where did you install LED light bar switch inside of your car? I know there's many kinds of switches and ways to do this. Did you make a hole to install one or did you use pre-made one with 3M tape on it?
3. How do you deal with whistling sound?
If you reply with pictures, it will make my life much easier and I will understand better

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My project this time is LED light bar above the windshield. I've been researching it, studying it, and digging for more information. And I found this Jeep community. I feel better now because I see some members with same care with LED light bar!!
I get it that I need 42' curved LED bar with GMC bracket.
Here comes my 1st question; 1. How do you install GMC bracket without drilling holes to secure? (I read all replies previously and someone said no drilling holes required)
2. How AND where did you install LED light bar switch inside of your car? I know there's many kinds of switches and ways to do this. Did you make a hole to install one or did you use pre-made one with 3M tape on it?
3. How do you deal with whistling sound?
If you reply with pictures, it will make my life much easier and I will understand better

1) I used self taping sheet metal screws but either way you're putting holes into it.

2) There is a hole thats plugged with rubber in the firewall behind and above the pedals. You can punch a hole in it carefully because it has wires already going through it. There is a little panel to the left of the steering wheeling you can remove and mount a few switches on (will need to cut out holes for the switch)

3) I used black gorilla tape to cover the fins. I have had no issues with the light bar getting hot after being on for an hour. Others have said you can even use black silicone or rubber "door jam" protectors and glue them on to the fins. the problem is the wind going between the glass/roof and the fins on the bar causes them to vibrate. You just need to stop the vibration. I still have a faint whistling around 30mph but it's so faint I automatically tune it it out.

Arguevd845

Reaction score
Mounts

No need for anything to be fabbed up
A 42" curved light bar is the best size to use for the roof and also I used GMC light bar mounts
Check out my pictures/posts about mine I installed
Pretty easy job

What size mounts did you use? I can only find 50” gmc ones if you find different please send me a link

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need the 52" GMC/Chevy mounts - the 50" are an inch too short on either side for a 42" light bar

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.