How to change side marker bulb on 05-07?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed this evening that the front side marker bulb on the driver's side was burnt out. How the hell do you change the bulb on that? Does it pull off? Do you have to reach from underneath? confused.gif

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
I noticed this evening that the front side marker bulb on the driver's side was burnt out. How the hell do you change the bulb on that? Does it pull off? Do you have to reach from underneath? confused.gif

if its like an 03 there should be a small door just big enough for your hand in the fender well and should twist off. hope that helped.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are talking about the turn signal... which i don't think you are...
there are two screws at the front of the light.

if you are talking about the side marker... just reach up underneath and twist the bulb and socket out and then change the bulb.
I know how to do this because I blew my right side out with crossed wires once.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just reach under huh? Alrighty. I'll try that this weekend. I hate having a light burnt out, makes me look like I ain't taking care of my vehicle

Jeeplover07

Reaction score
2007 liberty side marker light bulb replacement

To replace the side marker light bulb in a Jeep Liberty 2007: (Have to go through the wheel well. Its a pain in the butt but even females can do it): Turn your front tires all the way in the same direction of the marker light bulb (Sylvania 168 or 168LL) to be replaced to expose your wheel well. Take a butter knife or screwdriver and remove the 3 black round fender liner rivets (2 along the bottom front and 1 along the top front of the wheel well). After prying the 3 rivets out of the wheel well (they just pop out when you stick a butter knife/screwdriver under the ww liner and pry up), you will be able to slide your arm in and grab the light bulb housing for the marker light. (NOTE: you will NOT be able to see so you will be working blindly by touch only....but this is not a problem..trust me). Without being able to see, turn the housing counterclockwise to loosen. It should come out. After pulling out, pull the old bulb out, put new bulb in. Stick the housing back in the slot and turn clockwise to tighten. ALL DONE. Put the 3 rivets back in their place to hold up the front plastic wheel well. Took me 15 minutes having no knowledge of the process so its a fairly quick job.

Reactions: klc

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.