How rare is my ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheZombieNinja3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So upon talking to a few different people and an extremely kj knowledgeable guy. From everything I have heard and what they say when they hear what I have I am told my kj is rare. :shrug: Its an 04 renegade, all black, 5 speed manual ******, the thin roof rails, power everything, with sunroof, 6 disc changer, basically all options besides heated seats. From what I am told, The 04 renegade with 5 speed manual is really rare. I guess they were mostly automatic? I just want to know what I have. As I'm still new to the kj community, I don't have much knowledge about it. Any input would help, Thanks!

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only KJ i've ever heard of being "rare" is the 65'th Anniversary Edition KJ. Not sure what makes it any different from any other KJ though as I've never looked up the details about it.

TheZombieNinja3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only KJ i've ever heard of being "rare" is the 65'th Anniversary Edition KJ. Not sure what makes it any different from any other KJ though as I've never looked up the details about it.

I know as soon as I call any place for parts, and the hear it is a standard, I instantly hear, "That car is rare, you will need to special order that"

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know as soon as I call any place for parts, and the hear it is a standard, I instantly hear, "That car is rare, you will need to special order that"

What parts are you ordering that would only be able to fit a 2004 Renegade? I'm just curious is all, not doubting in any way. I assume Transmission parts since that is what is in question on wondering if it's rare? Which in that case I could see it. I think a large number of KJ's are automatics so most places probably carry more parts for the auto ****** than the 5/6 speed manauls.

TheZombieNinja3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying! It is the same exact body besides the light bar. I'm only ordering small stuff like light bulbs and what not, but its the exact same. But they hear 5 speed renegade and instantly go full ******.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying! It is the same exact body besides the light bar. I'm only ordering small stuff like light bulbs and what not, but its the exact same. But they hear 5 speed renegade and instantly go full ******.

That's crazy. I mean it might very well be rare. I don't know much about the other trims. I have an auto is it's rare to me lol

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a manny ****** as well. I wouldn't call it rare, more like less common. Honestly, before I found mine, I didn't realize they put a manual in these, given the grocery getter/soccer mom stigma our Libbys have.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use to be a bunch of Dj5 Wranglers running around 2wh drive 4bangers with autos the D for dispatcher and they were made for the post office in L&R drive and steel tops.

hmmrdwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think parts and service guys misuse the term rare and should use uncommon. It's like saying something is unique. American made car manufacturers will run thousands of the same vehicle. Limited or special edition monikers don't mean squat on cars either. I think the dealers do this to charge customers more.

Pippobug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TBH manual is less common in the US and specially on a KJ. In the rest of the world most KJ come manual except for the V6 3.7 and the late CRD Limited. If you looked around you would find more manual over here in the UK than auto. Personally I am still keeping an eye out for a V6 manual over here, found only one and tbh I think the advert was wrong although is was a Sport model from 2002.