How much?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME spring and shock lift around $800. Ironman spring and shock lift around $650.

OME will lift you up to 3.5 to 4 inches over where you are now with a couple of add-ons. Ironman a little less (though with some tricks tested in Mudd's Garage you can get the lift to OME height.)

Before someone else says it - do a SEARCH and read through the various threads here. Tons of info.

Bob

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
+ 2-3 alignments
+ Al's A-arms
+ rear iso's to sit level
+ new tires

then a little while later new half shafts .. might as well do the intermediate shaft aswell.

Take the usual answer you get and double it ... then you will be closer to the actual cost at the end of the day. :D

NOTE: To be accurate some KJ's seem to be able to get away without some of these... but you won't know until after you lift.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I was going to say , some info not quite right
I ran stock arms until the 4.5s came out, almost 70,000 miles with no ill effects
Still running left side stock CV with over 179,000 almost 160,000 lifted miles
right side replaced once due to boot wearing due to height

I know of 5 lifted ones I've done still running stock UCAs and stock CVs and no issue
So to the OP don't get scared and think you're going to have all kinds of issues and spend lots of $$$$

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
The only problem with not planning to have to purchase more than springs and shocks is that you don't know until it's too late.

I'm sure that you have also read about at least 5 that could not be aligned without A-arms.

In hindsight I wish I had given more consideration to the owners that reported having issues after lifting that required more parts and $$ to resolve. It is what it is and I would still have lifted it but I would have waited until I had more $$ saved.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+ 2-3 alignments
+ Al's A-arms
+ rear iso's to sit level
+ new tires

then a little while later new half shafts .. might as well do the intermediate shaft aswell.

Take the usual answer you get and double it ... then you will be closer to the actual cost at the end of the day. :D

NOTE: To be accurate some KJ's seem to be able to get away without some of these... but you won't know until after you lift.

These are some of the reasons why, at the end of the day, I'm actually not looking for that much lift. Just a little bit. The priority is to get off the stock springs and shocks.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh well
ran stock UCAs for over 75000 lifted miles and they were still good
still running stock left side CV at 179,000 almost 160,000 lifted right side replaced once
Some have issues it seems, none that I have done here do ??
amazing

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I can see how it would be hard to fathom Rev. after working on so many KJ's. I wish I knew why mine was so cranky ...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see how it would be hard to fathom Rev. after working on so many KJ's. I wish I knew why mine was so cranky ...

Maybe its just the owner :hmm::jester::jester::jester::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
These are some of the reasons why, at the end of the day, I'm actually not looking for that much lift. Just a little bit. The priority is to get off the stock springs and shocks.

That was my priority at first as well ... Dealership quoted $1600.00 for new OEM springs and shocks all round. I knew I wanted HD springs of some kind because of what I put it through on un-assumed/logging roads. I knew that I could do the work myself and thought I would save a bundle ... :happy175:

Then I saw Tom's and Jayme's et al and it was all over at that point :D I had to lift it.

All in, I am still only just over (a lot of which was import charges) what it would have cost me to have OEM parts installed...... but with a much better suspension. Even in it's current imperfect state it rides better than it did.

Also I was venting about my CV/Haft shaft .. It may or may not have anything to do with the lift .. or I could have nicked the boot without knowing causing it to eventually fail. It is after all an 8 year old part. I was just %#@&! that it happened.

Don't let me scare ya .. my only intent was to save anyone potential grief that can occur when you only plan on the bare minimum cost of springs and shocks.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The iron man lift has a really nice ride. Tommudd was kind enough to suggest i go that route. And marlin is also super helpful in that dept. When i ordered the rear iron man springs were out of stock so i got the ome's. So all the ironman components, ome rear springs, top plates, and isos ran me $800. But just have some cash set aside for ball joints and uca's, mine felt fine with the stock suspension but once the lift was installed they got real bad real quick.