How much lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Will_K

Reaction score
This vehicle recently appeared in a local salvage yard, any guesstimate how much lift it has? I already grabbed the springs shocks and struts.
You must be registered for see images attach

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good find. Can you take a photo of the components for us? I am curious whether it is a spacer lift, spring lift, or coilovers.

To me it looks like it could be 4”.

You’ll know when you install and then measure from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender flare. Stock front was 19” on the KJ.

Will_K

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if I tricked myself and it was on wheel stands. But usually they lift the tires off the ground. When I got to it 3 wheels were off but the one that was still on did touch the ground.

Anyway here's the parts sitting in the back of my other truck, I have no idea of the numbers on the spring do anything to identify it.
You must be registered for see images attach

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Looks like a normal spring. It’s possible it is stiffer than stock, if these are aftermarket. OME would be yellow, JBA would be red. Or, as you said, the Jeep could have been on blocks under the frame and the wheels hanging down.

Will_K

Reaction score
It does have a new moog lower ball joint on the passenger side, and I haven't done that side yet. I could go back for that so I don't feel like I completely got nothing from it. At least it's I got a sense of accomplishment feom getting the parts out. Lol

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does have a new moog lower ball joint on the passenger side, and I haven't done that side yet. I could go back for that so I don't feel like I completely got nothing from it. At least it's I got a sense of accomplishment feom getting the parts out. Lol
Yes! Good practice. It will help you on your own Jeep later on, having taken this other one apart.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks taller than stock.... unless the engine has been pulled!