How much work is a lightbar worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatsMrGimp2U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found out how much crap one has to go through to get a lightbar uninstalled from one liberty and reinstalled onto another....

I have the instructions so I'm pretty sure I can grab all the parts needed to install it (off a wrecked liberty) but I won't have the template.

That being said... I can pick it up (if I pull it) for 60 bucks. Worth it or no?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I just found out how much crap one has to go through to get a lightbar uninstalled from one liberty and reinstalled onto another....

I have the instructions so I'm pretty sure I can grab all the parts needed to install it (off a wrecked liberty) but I won't have the template.

That being said... I can pick it up (if I pull it) for 60 bucks. Worth it or no?

Renegade light bar ?
60 bucks ?
heck yes its worth it. If you pull everything you can get 4-5 times your money back if you don't want it
As far as a pattern / template take some heavy paper along and make your own

Heck for 60 bucks I'd drive from here to get it !

ThatsMrGimp2U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Renegade light bar ?
60 bucks ?
heck yes its worth it. If you pull everything you can get 4-5 times your money back if you don't want it
As far as a pattern / template take some heavy paper along and make your own
Anything I should make sure to not overlook when pulling the parts?

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything I should make sure to not overlook when pulling the parts?

Take your time and get EVERYTHING. Pull headliner down, get the harness.. get the switch out of the dash. Don't miss out on the opportunity.

I'd drive to Toledo to buy all that for $60, and it'll cost me $30 in fuel to do it too. Heck, I'd pay the $30 in fuel, drive to Toledo, and hand someone a $100 bill. They are worth tons more, but hey... if someone wants to offload it for less... ain't gonna say no.

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also if your pulling a rene light bar, make sure you pull those flares too. Theyre worth quite a pretty penny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Also if your pulling a rene light bar, make sure you pull those flares too. Theyre worth quite a pretty penny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes would love to find a Rene being parted out. Would finish my 03 off nicely

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone is parting one out here in Denver on craigslist last I looked a couple days ago

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes would love to find a Rene being parted out. Would finish my 03 off nicely

Same. I want certain parts of a Renegade.. but I don't want my 03 to look exactly like a Renegade.. otherwise, I'll just go buy a Renny.

Flares would be about the only thing I'd want.. as I dont like the wheels nor the roof rails... and I'm going for a different sort of aux lighting.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd say Rene flares are becoming like a good set of MOAB wheels as far as finding a good set.:gr_grin:

ThatsMrGimp2U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I managed to finally get over there and retrieve the light bar. Wasn't too bad, but I have come to the conclusion that there is a special place in hell for nutserts. Had to tear up a decent amount of sheet metal inside to get access to one that was spinning. The other was easy enough to get vice grips on. Its in pretty good shape but a little faded. I will be cleaning it up and throwing some trim paint on it before it gets installed. Thanks for the push guys, I am super glad to own this thing.