How much is your car insurance for the Liberty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't help I usually get smacked every so often, of course the 200 dollar speeding ticket didn't help either when I cracked the joke to the cop sorry I let it get out of control.

gamecockfan04

Reaction score
I know it will vary by State/Location, but like I said the weirdest thing is that its the same price as my wifes 2012 Traverse. Thats a $30k dollar vehicle vs a $3000 to $4000 vehicle?

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it will vary by State/Location, but like I said the weirdest thing is that its the same price as my wifes 2012 Traverse. Thats a $30k dollar vehicle vs a $3000 to $4000 vehicle?

The Traverse may have a better crash test rating and may be lower on the list of common stolen vehicles. Different factors like that will also play a roll.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factors that play a role in Auto Insurance:

1 The Vehicle (Crash Test, Car, Truck, SUV, FWD, RWD, 4WD)
2 You (Male, Female, Driving Record, Married, Single, Credit Score, Age)
3 Location (Major City, Crime Rate of Major City, Country Side, Small Town, State)

These are what makes up your Insurance Rate.

Shoey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pay $140 a month for full coverage on both the KJ and 2010 Traverse through USAA. I can't remember the specifics of my policy.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how much my Jeep insurance is.
I bundle my townhouse, Jeep, and cycle in one and pay ~$1500 once a year.

I tend to shop around every other year to find the best rates and re-examine my coverage for everything to make needed updates.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like it sometimes lol and I actually lied. I looked and it's 19% not 20.

From what I read, progressive mainly looks at hard braking and whether you drive it at the high risk hours.

When I had my KIA, I didn't qualify for a discount because I drove it mainly at the high risk hours going to and back from the lab.

Any other suggestions to help bump me up to a higher discount rate?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is right around $60 a month, or $350 every 6 months. Full coverage with comp. $1000 deductible.

My 5.9 zj is a little less at $330 every 6 months. Full coverage with comp, $1000 deductible.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
My KJ runs right around $500 a year.

So many variables involved in insurance rates (as previously mentioned) it is impossible to compare different States, even different Counties in the same State, etc.

The best thing to do is to write down all your coverages and limits, and info and check with several different direct writing companies on line or whatever. Or bring in your insurance policy to an independent insurance agent and see what they can do.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1000 isnt bad. Depending on how often you use it, you save money in the long run. Used it once due to an idiot with no insurance running a red light.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be a well off young man. I thought I was pushing it by keeping mine at $500. Most lenders won't even allow you to go above 500.

Last edited:

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pay mine by the year, but it breaks down to $43.46 a month for full coverage with a $500 deductible. Funny considering I paid $500 for the dang thing.