How many miles on your KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HckyPlyrJpr

Reaction score
05 bought with 68k last year. Have 75k on it now. Its only got the 2.4 tho

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife and I inherited her father's 2004. For most of it's life it was just local short runs. So at 11 years old, we're still at 76k miles. Most of which we put on in the last two years moving from Chicago to St. Louis because it took 3 trips hauling a U-Haul trailer. Then with everything so spread out here, putting on more miles per week. Figure it's really worth fixing some of the issues I've talked about on here recently. My only pet peeve is it only gets 14.7 mpg's here in the city.

I get more than that in Chicago. I cant believe your gettin 14.7 out there. I drive downtown everyday. I personally hate it traffic makes me a little crazy but i do 15.4mpg all week.

tigerKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I have 153k on my '02 KJ Renegade, but I bought it used at 142k. It was had one owner and they had the A/C compressor and lines replaced (Southern AZ is ******* A/C).

I had the radiator fan go out and $700 later I have a new fan, new heater core hoses, new thermostat housing and thermostat. Since I live in an apartment the most I am allowed to do is add windshield washer fluid, so right now I have to take it to a shop to fix anything.

Transmission pan was leaking but got away with a $250 bill. New gasket, new filter, and a new screw on filter (did not know the 45RFE auto trans had that):confused:

Neven

Reaction score
I get more than that in Chicago. I cant believe your gettin 14.7 out there. I drive downtown everyday. I personally hate it traffic makes me a little crazy but i do 15.4mpg all week.

I'm guessing you guys use the EVIC system in your KJs? 3.7 Liters?

jp7794

Full Access Member
Reaction score
112K on my '06 with 16K of those on it this year. I drive all around town for work (computer and printer repair) and a couple trips to Wisconsin (GO PACK GO!).

NewerJeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I wish my kj had as low as miles as most of you do. Then again that's why I got it for cheap at 183k miles

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
82,510 miles on my '05, purchased with 75,650 back in January of this year. Looking forward to another 100k!

Wife and I inherited her father's 2004. For most of it's life it was just local short runs. So at 11 years old, we're still at 76k miles. Most of which we put on in the last two years moving from Chicago to St. Louis because it took 3 trips hauling a U-Haul trailer. Then with everything so spread out here, putting on more miles per week. Figure it's really worth fixing some of the issues I've talked about on here recently. My only pet peeve is it only gets 14.7 mpg's here in the city.

I've seen as low as 14.3 city with mine, although I get right around 19.5 highway at 75mph cruise (after 19 hours of highway cruise). I wonder of that Flowmaster Jbergun has is making the difference?

Of course, these are EVIC numbers, so they may be way off. I haven't checked to see how close they are to reality yet.

Last edited:

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine (when its running) averages 19 MPG with 2/3 highway and 1/3 city driving with every tank of fuel. I know it gets 22 highway so city mileage is around 14-15 MPG. 2005 with 75K and the 3.7.