How many miles on your KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewerJeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if a thread like this exists but how many miles on yours?

I'll start it off.

My 2007 has 184k(deadhorse) Im wondering if I am beating a dead horse by investing more money in it with that many miles so wondering on others mileage these things get

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Many " how many miles " are on here and LOSTJEEPs

but..................
Black 04 bought new 218,000
Green 03 just bought with 81,000
Red 05 bought last year with 79,000 on it then

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my shop I regularly see Fords, GMs, and even Dodges that are pushing 300k and still running strong. The old inline Jeep 4.0 is an easy 300K motor. All the **** I see posted here about the 3.7 sure makes one wonder, though.

Bob

NewerJeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a great deal on mine last month and to say the least I was worried about having so many miles on it, but it runs fine and no codes and hardly any rust(surprising where I'm from) except for bottom of rear door and golf ball size on tailgate. So I bought it. It needed new plugs, oil change, muffler, rotors and pads all around and now cv joint. Probably all the differentials and tcase fluid change also. I bought it from some semi rich people who thought investing a couple grand into it because they don't do the work themselves wasn't worth it. Also I just put in that new techron whole fuel system cleaner not the regular techron cleaner for gas. I noticed a big difference in some slight studdering it was having holding a steady speed at low rpms around 35 and 45 mph which is all but gone now from techron whole fuel system cleaner. So probably now the fuel filter has to be replaced but sure where it exactly it is and if I have to lower tank to access it. Former owners would probably be mad now if they drove it now that they let it go that cheap after what I did myself to it for a few hundred bucks. I have to replace shocks/struts they feel soft also. So wondering about others kj's on mileage. I only know one other person that has one and he has 115k on it but its beat to **** on the outside. Also the transmissions on them. So I don't want to go and start doing more to it with this much mileage on it for it to go and need a new ****** and motor. So checking on other's mileage

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought her with 110kish miles on her back in 2012. I now have 158500. Running great and rust free is the way to be.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
246K miles per the odometer, quite a bit more given the amount of time speed sensor didn't work. :p

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was wrong with other engine? Im at 184k now when you had to replace yours

Actually replaced it @ 195k so that's 5k on replacement that only had 10k on it when purchased. To answer your question though, #2 valve seat dropped and I decided it was more cost effective to replace rather then rebuild.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The body on this thing looks good. No rust whatsoever. Paid cash. That's why I'll deal with it.

I got mine for cash too. I had an insurance claim on my last vehicle and they totaled it out got $4600 after my deductible and i paid $5500 for my jeep 3 years ago. In regular oil changes car washes new tires and my recent coolant system rebuild i probably put another maybe $2000 into it over the 3 years. Not too bad consider 25% of that was tires that still have a tone of tread left.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
150k on mine. Still purrs...but drinks some oil and might need a new trans in the near future (Valve Body Solenoid isn't working right).

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
150k on mine. Still purrs...but drinks some oil and might need a new trans in the near future (Valve Body Solenoid isn't working right).

having similar issue. happened to me at around 150K. it is probably not your solenoid but the valve body itself. the valves start wear down the internals and lose pressure. best to replace the valve body and the solenoid together since yer going to have to remove the valve body to get to the solenoid. saves on labor but not on parts :(

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
having similar issue. happened to me at around 150K. it is probably not your solenoid but the valve body itself. the valves start wear down the internals and lose pressure. best to replace the valve body and the solenoid together since yer going to have to remove the valve body to get to the solenoid. saves on labor but not on parts :(

More than likely cheaper to get another used trans so that's probably what I'll be doing!

Jaxom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife and I inherited her father's 2004. For most of it's life it was just local short runs. So at 11 years old, we're still at 76k miles. Most of which we put on in the last two years moving from Chicago to St. Louis because it took 3 trips hauling a U-Haul trailer. Then with everything so spread out here, putting on more miles per week. Figure it's really worth fixing some of the issues I've talked about on here recently. My only pet peeve is it only gets 14.7 mpg's here in the city.

Latest posts

Members online