How many miles on the OEM tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just wanted to see what the everyone has gotten on the OEM tires.

I have the wrangler SR-A's. Mileage to date is 84k and some change, by next weekend I will be at 85k.

I am still on the orginal tires.

Thanks,
James

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TJKJ2002,

I dont see what the issue would be with the tires. I have no dry rot and they are not to the wear bars.

I have never had issues with wet/snow conditions and they are not wearing differently.

I know they are not the best tires, but come spring I will be replacing them.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the OEM Goodyear HP's. We get a lot of snow and ice here and they slipped around a lot even in full-time and going real easy on the gas.. They were really only good on dry pavement. After 2 punctures and having to be pulled out of the mud I had enough. Off they came at 15,000 miles.

Your SRA's are probably better than my HP's were.

Dave

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hi folks,

I have the wrangler SR-A's. Mileage to date is 84k and some change, by next weekend I will be at 85k.

Thanks,
James

The only thing those are good for are brake stands, tire swings (Even then I wouldn't trust my child in one of those due to lack of traction in holding the kid in!) and as a fender for a boat or Turkesh head on the front of a Tug boat.
A condom has more traction than that crap.:D

Last edited:

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Thanks,
James

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You mean Kilometers. Granted mine had the Wrangler ST's but still 84K on any tire is remarkable.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Thanks,
James

Wow.... WOW :eek:

I thought I did well when I got 48k out of mine. I did off-road in mine, though. You do any off-roading in yours?

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow.... WOW :eek:

I thought I did well when I got 48k out of mine. I did off-road in mine, though. You do any off-roading in yours?

All my driving is on the highway or state routes with little to no stops.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All my driving is on the highway or state routes with little to no stops.

Man, that still seems high. I mean, I could see pushing it to 65k if you really had all highway driving, on good roads, and you kept your tires perrrrrfectly inflated and your alignment checked regularly. But yowza. 84k? Frankly, I don't see how you do it.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that still seems high. I mean, I could see pushing it to 65k if you really had all highway driving, on good roads, and you kept your tires perrrrrfectly inflated and your alignment checked regularly. But yowza. 84k? Frankly, I don't see how you do it.
It's not possible on OEM SR-A's,they are designed to wear fast and 80,000 miles on any non-commercial tire is virtually impossible.

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly have 84k on the orginal tires. I am a project manager for a health care company and I cover the northern half of Indiana. All I do is drive highway and state routes. So my starting and stoping is limited. The speed limits are between 55 and 65mph. I keep my tires rotated every 6k miles and inflated correctly and balanced. I am getting close to the wear bars but I am not to them yet.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Durango had SRA's on it, it was a decent tire. Fine in the rain, good fuel economy. I got 38k out of mine. I had HP's on KJ and got 35k out of them, mainly highway miles. :)

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 68k from my SRAs, and I thought they were a good dry and/or snow-and-slush tire, but I was never happy with them in rain or wet pavement. Always seemed I could spin one (rear) or the other without careful application of the happy pedal. But I was very content to get nearly 70,000 miles from a factory-equipped tire. No sense replacing what ain't broke, in my opinion.

Made a lot of trips into the woods camping and slogged along some muddy trails and treelines, but never got stuck.

4 of 5 stars, in my opinion.

Andy

sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a little over 60k on my wifes SR-A's, it is about ready for a change. Good thing I have my spare set of oem wheels and SR-A tires from my jeep with only 3k on them to swap out. I will do that after the summer.

Dave08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 1/2 tread with my SRA's at 63K. They wear great up in less than good conditions or higher speeds they're kinda scary considered to nice tires

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had 1/2 tread with my SRA's at 63K. They wear great up in less than good conditions or higher speeds they're kinda scary considered to nice tires

Yeah, you would probably have more traction running blown up condoms on your rims....:D

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had 40 scary thousand miles on my Wrangler HP. Keep in mind, they are supposed to be far better than any other crap they did put on Jeeps in 2003. I still remember sideways slides on ramps and curves, and hops on wet roads.. It drove like on ice when it got a little wet outside.