How long...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it take for the JBA UCA's to stop clunking if i didnt make the pocket bigger? It's been doing it for a while...and I'm getting concerned that maybe it's not just the arm hitting anymore lol

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Mine never clunked. But I did cut the pockets.

Did you torque them when the vehicle was weight bearing on the ground?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've never had mine clunk either, nor any of the others I installed
Are you sure of where the "clunking" is coming from?
Oh and mines cut out as well

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like its coming from the passenger side. It only does it on small bumps or little pot holes. for exampled my backstreet is a slight incline, when i come down the road i turn right up into it and it does it then. My wife says she can't tell where it's coming from. But to me..its the pass

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your noise WB...

Since this is on topic .. what does everybody recommend ...

Cut the pockets or No?

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just attempted to tighten everything on the front passenger side and everything seems good. checked out the driver side as well and everything is good there. maybe i'll have to take a ride in the passenger seat for once and see if i can distinguish a different location.

holmadik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where in PA are you, one of mothers friends live around Allentown I think he may have a shop for his off months and he's a master welder too got more certs than I have fingers and toes haha I could prolly get him to let you use his lift if he still has it I remember him having a big garage for his cars

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty close to Allentown. About an hour. I'm not sure what else to check, but I'll have the wife drive so I can listen

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think I have any clunking....I've had the JBA's for 6 months.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I didnt. It's almost like a clunk rattle combo. Like two fast clunks. I started testing with some potholes...and i get it on the driver side too. Now I went and verified that all bolts are tight and secure. I get significantly less of the clunks on the driver side, and after inspection of the pockets...i noticed that the drivers side are bent way more then the passenger. Which may explain why it happens more on that side. Maybe I should cut these f*ckers

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Did you open your pockets? lol ...I mean after you paid the $395 :D

Nope....tjkj said that they'd self clearance if need be. After a trip to the Badlands and 6 months, I don't see any evidence that they did. I'll check again when I rotate my tires. Isn't it strange how different everyone's KJ react to things?

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Nope....tjkj said that they'd self clearance if need be. After a trip to the Badlands and 6 months, I don't see any evidence that they did. I'll check again when I rotate my tires. Isn't it strange how different everyone's KJ react to things?

Strange is a polite word for it ....lol ... on this end it's ^%&$%$*&%$

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I havent heard the noise at all after driving about 60 miles. So I literally have no idea what it was. lol.

Members online