How do you like passenger side grab handle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, at a time we mentioned how cool it would be to have overhead handle instead of the one in pillar, which I continuously hate.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is made out of some cheap p.o.s. plastic that is impossible to clean?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No man, if it was rubber, mine would have been eaten away by now.. We should ask Blake how he keeps his clean? (probably have protective plastic on his!?) I wouldn't be surprised.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I cleaned mine before, but I can't remember what I used to do it. There was no point in doing so because as soon as someone touched it....

It was dirty again.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably soapy wet towel. Water will clean it for sure, but I hate the fact that it becomes sticky.

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm...

So any ideas as to whether a KJ overhead handle would fit on a KK? That is definately one of the major things I miss from my Explorer.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
So any ideas as to whether a KJ overhead handle would fit on a KK? That is definately one of the major things I miss from my Explorer.

I'd love to know as well but I haven't taken the pillar down to figure out if it will. Considering how many other things are "leftover" from the KJ... I wouldn't be surprised.

Even if it's no longer there, I'm sure something could be done. It could look a little bit funky, but we're talking about functionality here right? Not appearance.

VeitzJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the knee busting grab handle with a passion. That's on the top of my list of things to do: go to a junk yard and get the trim piece from an older KJ and put that handle straight in the trash... unless someone here wants it and will pay shipping costs.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Veitz, either that or stop carrying around NBA players in your jeep... How tall do you have to be to get bothered by that? Or just lower the seat down and pull back a bit.. It's a jeep, you want to be tucked in, not loose and roomy.

VeitzJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Veitz, either that or stop carrying around NBA players in your jeep... How tall do you have to be to get bothered by that? Or just lower the seat down and pull back a bit.. It's a jeep, you want to be tucked in, not loose and roomy.

I'm 6'3", and my wife and I often take road trips to the mountains, down to OBX, snowboarding, and the extremely long drive up to Maine (visit her family up there). So yeah, I end up sitting in the passenger seat and hate that bar. My dad who is 6' doesn't have any problem when he rides shotgun, but couldn't be worse for me! :pp: I thought about lowering the seat, but seems like a big hassell with the mounting brackets and all-- my seats don't adjust downward. I usually do have the seat slid way back, but when there's cargo or people behind you, doesn't work as well. And when I slouch down to nap during those long hauls (and my wife takes over the driving duties) the added legroom would be nice.drive.gif(libblack)

Last edited:

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the knee busting grab handle with a passion. That's on the top of my list of things to do: go to a junk yard and get the trim piece from an older KJ and put that handle straight in the trash... unless someone here wants it and will pay shipping costs.

What color interior do you have? depending on the color I may be willing to trade you the trim for the handle. Since I am in Norfolk there will be no shipping involved.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The A-Pillar trim pieces should all be the same color no matter the interior of the KJ.

But before we do all this trading, remember, we have to figure out if it even works!!!

VeitzJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No kidding. Will probably should meet someplace and install it on the spot to make sure they both fit properly.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Remember guys, I have a KJ and a KK to take apart at my own free will. Give me a few days to take my sister's apart and I'll let everyone know. ;)

VeitzJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like it's easily replacable. Don't see why they would have a totally different mounting bracket for the handle vs. the trim when they're both KJ's.