How Do You Know When to Wash the Jeep?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
When your neighbors ask, when was the last time you washed that "thing"
Ok I know it's only been 5 months, and dry mud has fallen off in the driveway, buy hey, I kept the windshield clean ! :)

So I break out the power washer under & over, soap & sponge, & I realize I have headlights gleaming again.
HJ would be proud of my fall detail job with 4 coats of wax completed on the Jeep.
It was an all day job, will see how long it lasts for!
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great!

If you'd like more longevity, have you tried synthetic sealants or ceramic coatings yet? Price wise have come way down, and can still be top coated with some carnuba!

I have to move again and will be losing my garage, I'll be doing a ceramic coating to the kj soon!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Bert gets a bath when I darn well feel like it...unless there is mud and such under the hood/radiator. During the summer months, the coating of fines and dust keeps all the smashed bugs from sticking. (LOL)

But, in all seriousness, I wash the beast weekly in winter due to all the road salt. (And I'm fairly certain Nebraska uses more salt per capita than anywhere else...) Spring, summer, and fall, I generally wash once a month.
A dirty Jeep has done Jeep stuff and is proud of it. So many pavement princesses here, it is kind of bragging rights in my mind.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Used to at least once a week with normal pavement driving
Now that I live on a back road ( dirt, patches of limestone, dust, dirt, horse ( AMISH BUGGY droppings ) cow patties etc when it gets so bad I am embarrassed!
waxed once a year , used to be monthly
and just say no to ceramic coating , heard and read so many bad things about it
JAX Wax and that is is

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
The new to me Wrangler has been parked in the apartment lot for the last three weeks. Came home from Maui and was embarrassed how bad it was. This morning it went to the local car wash to start the scrubbing. The place has vacuums and a place to dry your car completely. Drove it the half mile home and pulled the basket of rags and spray stuff from the back seat. Waxed, windows done, plastics “restored” and interior cleaned deeply. It looks good again with the gleaming black paint.

Reactions: JRB

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When there's enough rain to make a good puddle, hit it at just the right speed for a good soakings a few times. I call it the redneck car wash.

Reactions: JRB

Latest posts

Members online