How do I turn off all the ESP stuff?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
And the reason still goes unknown.

Why does there ALWAYS have to be a reason? ..And, as it's anyone's business? Who do you people think you are? Your not my daddy, nor my MOMMY, unless you wanna wear a dress and make me some milk and cookies :p

Just something we in the family have done for years, for optimal gas millage, see the OTHER post from boebr1, on the MPG thing... There is a term for it, but why bother? You all want to be my parents? Ok, I need an allowance, like NOW! PayPal me a monthly allowance daddies, and I will follow your rules...

Why is it when tires are LOW, and you round a bend, they SCREECH, because they ARE loosing traction. Yet, when they're FULL, they don't screech at all? SO, over inflated tires LOOSE traction too, so it's a silent screech in a high frequency range human ears can't hear? Wow, cars are so confusing, I should not even own one, or two, or three, or four, 5,6,7 8th... Hmmm, strange...

I will do what I want, WHEN I want, and I am insured....

Last edited:

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey... what an angry thread this one has become! oh, J-thompson, I am ignoring you now, and you can ignore me as well, and we will get along fine

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why does there ALWAYS have to be a reason? ..And, as it's anyone's business? Who do you people think you are? Your not my daddy, nor my MOMMY, unless you wanna wear a dress and make me some milk and cookies :p

Just something we in the family have done for years, for optimal gas millage, see the OTHER post from boebr1, on the MPG thing... There is a term for it, but why bother? You all want to be my parents? Ok, I need an allowance, like NOW! PayPal me a monthly allowance daddies, and I will follow your rules...

Why is it when tires are LOW, and you round a bend, they SCREECH, because they ARE loosing traction. Yet, when they're FULL, they don't screech at all? SO, over inflated tired LOOSE traction too, so it's a silent screech in a high frequency range human ears can't hear? Wow, cars are so confusing, I should not even own one, or two, or three, or four, 5,6,7 8th... Hmmm, strange...

It's a known fact that over inflated tires have up to 50%+ less tread contact then the same tire at the correct psi.If you get tire squeal when aired down your trying to make noise since aired down you will always get more traction then a properly inflated tire(known fact).

Oh and if the insurance adjuster happens to check your tire pressures and your over inflated you can kiss your coverage goodbye(seen it happen).Seen alot of those hyper miler mods get insurance canceled(along with non operative ABS and SRS systems) when I worked at a bodyshop and worked closely with insurance adjusters.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score

Why is it when tires are LOW, and you round a bend, they SCREECH, because they ARE loosing traction. Yet, when they're FULL, they don't screech at all? SO, over inflated tires LOOSE traction too, so it's a silent screech in a high frequency range human ears can't hear? Wow, cars are so confusing, I should not even own one, or two, or three, or four, 5,6,7 8th... Hmmm, strange...

You're a danger to yourself and everybody around you.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I didn't have any ESP or even Traction Control or whatever you call it on my Avenger.

It was a huge adjustment to get used to it again. Might wanna wean yourself off of it. If you're like me, you kinda get attached to it without knowing it!!!

Sorry I had to get things back on topic.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a known fact that over inflated tires have up to 50%+ less tread contact then the same tire at the correct psi.If you get tire squeal when aired down your trying to make noise since aired down you will always get more traction then a properly inflated tire(known fact).

Oh and if the insurance adjuster happens to check your tire pressures and your over inflated you can kiss your coverage goodbye(seen it happen).Seen alot of those hyper miler mods get insurance canceled(along with non operative ABS and SRS systems) when I worked at a bodyshop and worked closely with insurance adjusters.

just curious... why do you care so much? he apparently was brought up doing what he does, and never had a problem from doing it. a lot of people love to sit and preach about right and wrong... i am sure every one of us has at some point.

you want to get technical about it, don't go by the psi ratings on your tires, or in your owners manual. you draw a white crayon or chalk mark across your tread, you drive it a little ways and see how much of it wore off in what places, then you adjust your pressure to fit until the whole line disapears at the same time. then you write down that, and that is what your pressure is supposed to be. i owned a set 31" BFG's that i believe were rated to a max of 50psi, or somewhere around there. These were on a full size blazer, and the tires performed just as well on the dirt at 15psi as they did at 50psi, the ride was just harsher at max.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
boeber, the point is that he A: has the tires inflated PAST the max inflation of his tires, and B: has obviously not done any experimentation, and the fact that his ESP constantly kicks on over rough pavement is proof that his tires are overinflated and losing traction.

Not even a 3.7 06 4x2 on stock Wrangler ST's in wet weather with properly inflated tires ever did that when ThunderbirdJunkie worked at a ChryCo stealership

The fact that we have evidence supporting Our claims and his idiotic bullheadedness claiming that it's not the cause of his problem and he's NOT going to change anything (even to prove us wrong, which we aren't) proves he is in the wrong, and he knows it, at least on a subconscious level

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fact that we have evidence supporting Our claims and his idiotic bullheadedness claiming that it's not the cause of his problem and he's NOT going to change anything (even to prove us wrong, which we aren't) proves he is in the wrong, and he knows it, at least on a subconscious level

I have to quote you on this... definitely one of the more interesting things i've heard on here, no matter what it is pertaining to...

I drive with a heavy foot frequently, and get the little skid light lit up on nice clean dry pavement with my stock sized tires at 35psi (rated on tire, didn't do the proper way of figuring out what the pressure should be as i described above, since it is a stock sized tire) probably too many years of delivering pizzas and taking corners on two wheels

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just curious... why do you care so much?

So it doesnt bother you when you know someone is wrong but they are trying to say they are right? Most times I keep my mouth shut like in this thread but it still makes me laugh a little inside. Youve always got to make sure people know some information is incorrect. You never know who may come by and read this then go out and slap 52psi in their tires and get killed.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i care that it has been said that it isn't the proper thing to do, and how to do it right. what i don't get is why someone would beat their head against a wall trying to make someone see it their way. this world is full of morons, who will find out all the ways to do something, and then make their own decision. Yeah, maybe that decision is a bad, or unsafe one. yeah, maybe i will be the one they kill on the road. then again, i have close to a million miles under my belt just driving semi, not including my personal vehicle miles, since my last accident. I lost track of how many narrow escapes i have had. maybe i'm getting complacent, but i believe i am a pretty good defensive driver, and have mananged to avoid some narly stuff happening on both sides of and in front of me. I think that as long as the information is out there, a person should use that to base their choice on. if they screw up, and it was a bad choice, and they die from it, well... we do have an overpopulation problem... I personaly have made some poor decisions in my life, and have learned from them, i offer that knowledge to others so they can make their own decision. I don't want to try to force people into their choices, our government is doing that well enough as it is without my help

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boebr, the real difference is

YOU don't come across as a knowitall on a regular basis.
oh, well, i guess i feel good about that!
Right here and now, I am going to admit to the whole world... "I don't know very much about anything" I have a lot of experiences i will share though

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
If you hit my mom, gramma, girlfriend, dog, because of lost traction due to overinflated tires, and ThunderbirdJunkie checked your air pressures (and you can damn well bet he would), you would become a grease spot on the pavement.

...And your other words & threats of wisdom...

Yeah, I am so afraid of you. Maybe I will add another 1 or 2 pounds tomorrow, and come drive around your area, we'll see. Flex your keyboard muscles some more, I am very impressed...

boebr1: 80% of my days are driving as well... Not one accident, or incident...

Overall disable all; pull the ABS pump fuse, or wire a switch...

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, lets try to get things back on topic although I think that question is answered.

Powerslave, no one on here is your dad and they are not trying to be. They just want you to understand that 52psi may possibly be to much pressure. But hey, as boebr said, its your personal choice. :)

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Alright, lets try to get things back on topic although I think that question is answered.

Powerslave, no one on here is your dad and they are not trying to be. They just want you to understand that 52psi may possibly be to much pressure. But hey, as boebr said, its your personal choice. :)

Here, Here!

They didn't say POSSIBLY too much pressure they were quite blatantly opinionated and livid, and even angry about it... Then to make an IDLE threat like that? Well, people are just weak minded. This is the internet, just once I would love to see someone make due; never happen...

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, the internet... where everyone can be an expert on anything, and can be much bigger and tougher or more beautiful and sensual than they are in person. gotta love it... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.