How do I access wiring behind Radio/AC/Heater Panel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chanwmr

Reaction score
Hi, in my Libby (2007 Sport), I'd like to be able to remove the harnesses from behind the center control panel. Basically, I picked up an panel that has two 12V outlet. My main goal is to replace the one I already have that has only one outlet. The first thing I'd like to do is to see if the back end of the single and the dual are compatible. If they are, all I have to do is to pick up one from a junkyard for a dual outlet.

Can someone tell me the best way or the proper way to get to the connector that is behind the panel enclosure? Video or diagram is best (or point me to where it is in the repairs manual). Text instructions would work too. Thanks in advance.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the bezel that holds the cigarette plug and goes around the radio, look in the little slot compartment next to the cigarette plug and remove the screw which is there. You can then just pry the whole piece off by carefully pulling straight out from around the edges.

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/JP-73-02.pdf

You need only be concerned with Step 2 and Picture #1 in the pdf to get the bezel off.

I have a 2007 as well and just installed a new car stereo which required a new bezel. I had to reuse my cigarette lighter from the old one. It is a pain to get off. The bezel itself is not bad, so having a look for yourself is easy enough. :)

chanwmr

Reaction score
I've already done this. Yeah, the said panel is the bezel in the diagram. However, I'm talking about what's behind the housing once the bezel is removed. I want to be able to pull the whole harness out and perhaps replace it.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've already done this. Yeah, the said panel is the bezel in the diagram. However, I'm talking about what's behind the housing once the bezel is removed. I want to be able to pull the whole harness out and perhaps replace it.

Just take out the screws holding the HVAC control panel in, and the four screws that hold in the radio. The entire harness is then accessible.

Bob

Members online

No members online now.