How did he do that? (picture inside)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepkj05

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

somebody know where i can buy that the air filter going outside like that on the side? thank you

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's called a snorkel...there's a few different companies that make them, and some people make their own. The ARB snorkel is pretty popular...
Don't just expect to be able to cross a river by adding a snorkel though. The factory intake is fairly high as it is, and the drop box drains water, so you pretty much need to be submerged to get water in your intake already. You will probably fry the electronics under the hood before you have water in the intake. The KJ is weatherproof, not completely water sealed.

I was thinking about getting one, but I don't really think it's worth it..except maybe that there are some claims that it take cleaner air from up high on dusty roads, and gives colder air than a cold air intake because you are taking air from completely outside the engine compartment. Even still I have more important things to do first, and most people just do it for looks...If I'm going to spend money on mods, I want off-road performance not looks.

jeepkj05

Reaction score
thanks for the info and can you still drive with that in winter and when its raining?

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, I know the ARB one in particular has a special channel for rain water/snow, whatever that may happen to get in to drain out so it doesn't get sucked into the filter.

SniperJF

Reaction score
What about those lovely lights on the roof rack. Where can I get some for my 2012! They look so pretty even if I don't need them :p :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What about those lovely lights on the roof rack. Where can I get some for my 2012! They look so pretty even if I don't need them :p :D

Lovely lights ....pretty ?
OK so....those are the lights that came on the KJ Renegade Editions
Might be able to retrofit to a KK but wouldn't try it

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Lovely lights ....pretty ?
OK so....those are the lights that came on the KJ Renegade Editions
Might be able to retrofit to a KK but wouldn't try it

The Renegade lightbar will mount right up just like it will on a KJ.

Problem is....

Wiring. But it CAN be done. It's been done before. I've thought about adding it several times just for differentiation purposes (Read: I'm doing it next year). I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Amen! But ya know what ... over the past 4 years my interest has gone from must have to meh.

The Rock Lizard rack with some lights up top ala Mudd has changed my mind .. I just hope he is ready when I am, I sense there is still some disarray at RL?

If you look at it cost wise it's a no brainer.