How cool do your tyres look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,

I am in a dilemma now after reading all your comments on the Revo's, before it was easy, BFG A/T's all the way

Now I know Tyres should be all about performance...but I am a bit of a nerd in that I like the look of tyres.

What I love about the BFG is the squareness of the edges, they make the tyre look more purposeful and wider.

Can you please post images of your tyres looking at the tread to see how 'butch' they look tread wise????.

Goodyear MTR's look nice too...but I hate goodyear with a passion!

You can see from my spare on my old Shogun what I mean
You must be registered for see images

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are Revos on my TJ. It's a good picture! I am going to put these on my KJ next year for sure. Until I really saw them, I didn't realize how cool they are, lol! The stock Goodyears on my KJ look so bad...#-o

SkidMarkSteve

Reaction score
What I love about the BFG is the squareness of the edges, they make the tyre look more purposeful and wider

I am with you on that! They look even better when they're oversized. I put a set of those in 31" on a 1991 Explorer I had that had a 3" lift, and the squareness just made it look wonderful (even though the paint was faded primer. LOL!).

They work quite well, too.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Bridgestone Dueler A/T's, 235/70/16

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love M/T's...

Bennetts tyres look awesome...

Dare I!!???

Would need some Black modulars too... Makes my stock rims look pathetic! =P~

FSJ Ralph

Reaction score
In my full-size 1982 Wagoneer last year, I switched directly from a nearly new set of BFG A/T KO's to new Bridgestone Revo's, because a friend of mine really wanted the BFG's and made a decent offer. Both tires were 31x10.50-R15.

The Revo's are much better tires in every way; And I mean high-way, snow-way, trail-way, etc., because I drive them all.

The Revo's are so much better, in fact, that it surprises me that BFG still gets away charging so much for theirs. I guess it comes down to the fact that some folks still think the BFG's look cool; however, in my opinion and experience, they're not worth the price compared to Revo's.

For my 2005 Liberty, I bought Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza's, 235/65HR17, on October 31, and I just passed 5k miles on them. (Yes, I drive a lot.) I really, really like these tires. They are definitely a driver's tire on the road, awesome in rain, and so-far-so-good in mud and in the deep powdery snow we get here. We're already getting heavy snow here in the mountains; it's snowing outside as I type this post.

Don't know about the trails yet, but I went just fine on Black Bear Road and Imogene Pass with the stock Goodyear HP's last summer. The issue was more often lack of clearance than lack of traction. I think A/T tires would help, particularly when it comes to catching rocks to get a better bite, and mud.

But I bought a tire for the way I actually drive the vehicle, not for cool points, and that means mostly highway, frequent dirt roads, lots of snow, with the weekly jaunt off-road in summer. Bridgestone/Firestone must've really learned their lessons from the fiasco a few years ago, and from their Formula 1 and other racing programs.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes mate no rubbing on the pinch weld or behind the fog light door

i get a little rubbing on the sway bar at full lock but nothing to be concerned about

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BF Goodrich All Terrains hit 120,000 miles

Just found this...
http://www.4x4-tyres.co.uk/
Scroll Down

The general AT2's look great on the big rims... mmm 18" all terrains...whos gonna have the first liberty with those on!!

Land Rover Owner, Peter Ledger, recently contacted 4-Site 4x4 tyre centres to report that the 265/75 R16 BF Goodrich All Terrain tyres fitted to his vehicle had achieved an unbelievable 120,000 miles!!! As the UK distributors for BF Goodrich the 4-Site 4x4 tyre network has long been aware that this fantastic product offers durability and longevity that is matched by none, but at 120,000 miles even they were staggered. Alan Baldwin, director of Southam Tyres (who run the 4-Site 4x4 dealer network) commented, "This has to be some kind of record, perhaps the highest mileage ever recorded on a set of road-legal, domestic tyres in the UK" Unfortunately for BF Goodrich, it's impossible to have this kind of achievement recorded in the Guinness book of records because their stringent rules and regulations mean an adjudicator would need to oversee every mile the vehicle travels. However 4-Site 4x4 tyre centres say, it is not uncommon for customers to call us, and report 100,000 miles on a set of BF Goodrich 4x4 tyres.

Mr Ledger commented; "the tyres have been on the vehicle since it was manufactured in 1996, there is no doubt I will be replacing the existing tyres with BF Goodrich All Terrains". Alan Baldwin adds "The Land Rover 90 and its 265/75 R16 BF Goodrich All Terrain tyres have proved to be a fantastic combination, and unbelievably, even after 8 years of use the tyres still meet the minimum legal tread depth requirements. The BF Goodrich brand presents a classic "you get what you pay for" scenario. Superb performance and unbeatable treadwear from a top quality premium product".