How can I fit 265/70R16 on Stock Rims?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kregghensley

Reaction score
I want to put 265/70R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers (or similar) on my stock rims. I have a 2004 Limited, 4x4.

Has anyone tried a tire this large using just a 1" lift (like the "Wesway")? I'm likely looking at replacing the shocks and putting on OME coils to accomplish this, but I wanted to see if anyone has done something else.

zone zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:)

I run 265/75x16 gard dog mts on factor aluminum rims , no problem at all, but u might want more lift, or don't be afraid to cut the fenders!
Just go for it, it's just plastic

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
will more than likely rub the sway bar some when turned
will need more than one inch added to it
also depends on if you plan to drive it any or just around town with no speed bumps etc.
Hacking away is what some do, depends on the look you want I guess

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 265/70R16's on Wrangler Rubicon rims. Granted, my rims are 1" wider and 1/2" less backspacing, but I am running a Frankenlift II Premium with an extra set of isos in the rear, the pinch welds are flattened, and I've done some trimming by the fog lamp doors. I'm still getting a tiny amount of plastic rub up front at full lock, so I need to do a little more trimming. I'm thinking about another iso in the rear and either a clevis lift or 1/4" strut plate up front also.

265's aren't the easiest thing to put under a Libby, but they are worth the work.:smokin:

Latest posts

Members online