Horn going off in the night!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwitchRider

Reaction score
Hello All,
Last nite the we finished 8 or so days of rain. At about 2:30am my horn started sounding off & a neighbor had to wake me up. I disconnected the battery for the time being & went back to bed.
After getting home from work tonight I did a little digging in the forums & discovered that there can be an issue with the sunroof getting blocked/broken & water/moisture basically spilling onto the fuse panel. Having read this I pulled the jeep into the garage & had a look. Indeed the cover to the fuse panel had some water on it. The fix I used was to pull the horn relay, the daytime running light relay (cuz they were staying on now as well). I also grabbed the hair dryer & pointed it at the relay/fuse panel & just let it run on high speed/low heat.
Tomorrow I will stop by my mechanic to see if there is anything I can spray into the fuse/relay panel to dispel the water. I will also test the relays to make sure that they are functioning properly. I will follow up with my progress.

Thx,
Twitchrider

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you lock the KJ's doors up at night?? It's probably those damn neighborhood kids beeping the horn and messing with you! :happy175:

LOL, good luck, hope you get it figured out.

doolop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Oldsmobile that did that when it got cold. It was the padding over the horn switch that caused the horn to go off. Maybe a thought.

Sent by using tin cans and string

Latest posts

Members online