Highbeams + Foglights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loki007420

Reaction score
So this may be a funny question but is there a way to keep my fog lights on while turning on the highbeams?

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install a pair of Aux driving lights on the bumper. (example Hella 500ffs w/ 55 watts bulbs). Aim them to cover the area the high beams would cover. Then when needed you can have low beams, fogs and aux covering the high beam area.

However, in most states its illegal to drive with more than 2 pairs of driving lights on while on the road. If you have an 05+ though it's easier to get away since no one realizes the fogs are in the grille. I constantly get asked why my jeep as clear marker lights below the head lights. :p
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would it be illegal when they are on with the low beams? Plus that is a state by state thing.

The OP is in Michigan - I've seen more oddball light setups in the UP than I could count. Same here in Ohio - never heard of a sensible person being sited.

Wiring is no concern - separate wiring, relays on the fogs.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just because you have seen some odd ball setups does not mean they are legal.
:badidea:

AKjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely not illegal here in alaska. The more lights the better (we have a problem with encountering moose here) theres no limit to driving lights here its pretty cool